I wanna replace my factory tuners

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
I got a Lanikai CK-teq with the chrome tuners. I want gold...it'll have more the aesthetic I like. Every tuner I see has the set screw coming off at a 45. I gotta match the new tuners with the current holes, so i need some that come out at the 90, straight down. Unless i got my vocab mixed up...I think thats how you describe it.

What are my options on where I go to purchase em.

Try stew-mac or Elderly. Find a pic that looks like yours and see if they're available in gold. Or do a google search for "gold ukulele tuners" and see what you get.

Jude

Call Lanikai they make gold tuners for other models.
Never know??

:agree: You'll probably get the closest match if you stick with the tuners Lanikai uses. With other brands or models you never know where the set screws are going to be and whether the housing will cover the hole that's already there.

If not, there's hope yet. We did a "custom remake" last summer where we used completely different tuners and then covered the set screw holes from the original tuners with little brass decos. I think I have a pic somewhere - I'll put it in our album (when I find it).

yeah, I've emailed lanikai...we'll wait for a response. I really like my lanikai...great action and intonation. I'm not quite sure why they call it "Kurly Koa" lol...it must be the total bottom feeding grade of Koa/ Koa species. However, I think I got must have gotten one of the exceptional ones since I've heard some mixed reviews.

I've been itching with UAS for a few weeks since I aint been able to build cigar boxes lately, I'm trying to scratch scratch scratch...so I think if I customize this one a bit, it may save me from buying that Kala Acacia Tenor and/or a Mainland

I got a 2nd response from Hohner...

It was a friendly explanation from behind the scenes, but really could just be more streamlined. They use different tuners for gold with different design and specs, because the old gold ones lost their finish too quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom