Awright, I'll give up shopping for ukes for Lent

Sambient

Reaction score
Granted two ebay things just crossed my threshold today.
And one Amazon order arrived yesterday.
And I did just get a Mahalo Telecaster for Valentines Day.

"I'll believe it when I see it." says spouse.

I stocked up on strings with Elderly's sale, and a few accessories today. But that's it then. That's my Fat Tuesday.
I'm not currently an observant Catholic, but Lent has at times been a good excuse for me to break myself of habits. And UAS has me so firmly in my grasp. I spend way too much time trawling the 'net when I should be spending that time learning.
So, for the next handful of weeks, I'll not be seeking ukuleles. If one crosses my path in a normal fashion, i.e. I'm at a thrift store and there's one there, that's a different matter. But I'm not uke-questing. Really.
I recognize I've got a problem.
Wish me luck.

Good Luck! I am not sure what I am giving up yet. I thought about alcohol , but not sure yet. Guess I need to get thinking.

I told my wife she should give up facebook, she thinks she can do it. I don't think she will even try.

Religion vs. UAS....hummm. Perhaps what you should give up is trying to beat UAS? Would that work for Lent?

I've given up BUYING ukuleles for Lent...just passed up a Kanilea 6 string in pristine condition AND a perfect Banjo Uke...I don't know whether to cry or puffout my chest! both together would have benn under $600...fighting the UAS monkey is hard!!!
:anyone:

Nobody has ever lent me an 'ukulele, but doesn't me I won't.

I've given up BUYING ukuleles for Lent...just passed up a Kanilea 6 string in pristine condition AND a perfect Banjo Uke...I don't know whether to cry or puffout my chest! both together would have benn under $600...fighting the UAS monkey is hard!!!
:anyone:

Give a small portion of the money to the poor, a worthy cause, or even a family in need.

I've decided that, for Lent, I'm giving up self denial.

"Hello, My name is_________________ and I am a Ukeaholic!"

Okay. You've talked me into it. I'm hereby giving up chopping up ukes for Lent, too.

What?! I promise! I won't even chop up one....

Top Bottom