PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy and Perspective

rogue_wave
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM
As you may know, there was a small plane crash in NJ yesterday. I've just learned that I knew all of the people on board.

Over a year ago, by the strangest circumstances possible, I had been introduced to some Polish film-makers who were looking to find an American counterpart. Over a series of long dinners and conversations we got to know each other a bit more.

I had met the pilot several times, heard his stories, saw his swagger. Talked with the film-makers about making films for our children, and children's children.

I understand, that some of those children were aboard the plane as well. At least one had parents on the ground watching the plane crash.

I share this here because I have found this to be a nurturing and amazing community. I also wanted to say that I have today felt all of my trials and troubles shrink.

Hug your kids. Always tell your family how you feel. Talk to your friends. Kiss your wife/husband.

Say the things that are important to say when you have the opportunity to say them.

In that spirit, I want to thank everyone here for turning a hobby into a meaningful part of my life. Be good to someone in your life today.

molokinirum
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Sorry for your loss. Thanks for bringing some perspective to life. It is difficult, but I TRY to never sweat the small stuff and appreciate all that I have and all of the people I know.

sukie
02-16-2010, 11:44 AM
My heart goes out to you and to the families of the victims. Horrible. I sweat small stuff all the time. I will try and pay attention to you. Thanks for your words of wisdom.