Kala CONCERT thinline travel ukulele sound sample

Is that mahogany on the back and sides?

–Lori

yes i also have another sample of the tenor with built in pickup from kala in travel tenor and flame mapl etravel tenor coming soon

Mike, are the travel concerts available to buy yet? Do you have any idea what you're going to sell them for?

yes i also have another sample of the tenor with built in pickup from kala in travel tenor and flame mapl etravel tenor coming soon

Looking forward to seeing it. Plan to purchase a travel tenor from you before the end of the month.

Cheers,
Kris

Last edited:
Seems low compared to the other travel ukes, might be a prototype price or something.

The tenors used to be going for $145 and are now at $165. Maybe they start at a lower price to get them introduced.

Thanks! played a soprano and a tenor in Kauai this week and the tenorwas amazing, the soprano sounded synthesized to me. I would stick my neck out for a concert though.

Mike, when are they going to be out? I saw you sold one but when can we get one?

Very cool they are putting a pickup in the tenor. Looking forward to seeing how much that costs.

I saw it online last night for $155. Seems low compared to the other travel ukes, might be a prototype price or something

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought the travel concert. At MGM's eBay store, the thinline tenors are $165 and the thinline sopranos are $145, so $155 is right in the middle. However, shipping on the thinline tenors and thinline sopranos is free, while shipping on the thinline concert is $18.95, so the thinline concert is actually more expensive than the tenor. Oh well.

Heres a sample electric model tenor travel This has a Cedartop rather than the Spruce and has vol tone onboard and a pickup installed at factory...Passive I did not tweek the tone all flat and running a little too much reverb but oh welll lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9kFOIESv3w

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought the travel concert. At MGM's eBay store, the thinline tenors are $165 and the thinline sopranos are $145, so $155 is right in the middle. However, shipping on the thinline tenors and thinline sopranos is free, while shipping on the thinline concert is $18.95, so the thinline concert is actually more expensive than the tenor. Oh well.

The text of the listing says "Free USA Shipping!"
Don't know if that is a typo or the shipping charge is.

The text of the listing says "Free USA Shipping!"
Don't know if that is a typo or the shipping charge is.

I was charged shipping. My guess is that the text was borrowed from the listings for the tenor and soprano travel ukes and MGM didn't take it out. The shipping charge was explained to me after I'd paid it. I suppose I could complain that the text says shipping is free, but life's too short and I really don't need the bad Karma.

Just noticed this thread last night, and finally succumbed to UAS - I just pulled the trigger on one of the concert thinline Kalas on MGM's Ebay page.

I'll post a review when I receive it - I can't wait! :D

And, just like that, UAS claims another victim (me). I just ordered a concert thinline from MGM, too. I played the tenor thinline in a music store a while back, and liked the sound. Glad to see this uke's available in concert size now!

Last edited:
I bought the tenor thinline ukulele for a trip I took last December, and I recently bought a concert thinline. it's a great little instrument and I'm sure you guys will love yours.

Right you are, mds725! The Kala concert thinline certainly is a great little uke! Mine arrived last night (thanks, MGM for the super-speedy service all the way from Hawaii!), and I can't stop playing with it! It's got a surprisingly loud sound for how amazingly skinny it is. (I've named mine "2D"). It feels like about 1/2 a uke when you're holding it. I don't think the sound is as rich and full of overtones as my Mainland concert, but it has a really nice bright punchy sound, making it a nice addiition to my uke family. And the intonation is spot on. I've tested it all up and down the neck with a chromactic tuner, and it's perfect.

Top Bottom