NEW Butterfly Model from Kala BICOTE WOOD

MGM

Reaction score
This is the new Bicote wood BUTTERFLY model from Kala Brand Its a laminate but very striking grain and this has an arched back like the travel ukes but is full sized.

051-3.jpg

052-7.jpg

055-1.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing. Hopefully it'll sound okay despite being laminate.

Has anyone been able to play one yet? It's gorgeous. Wonder how much it'll go for...

I am uploading the sound sample on youtube right now also comes with fishman pickup...Notice the new black headstock....

you are decieived

It sounds good! How much will this uke be going for? Will there be a concert or tenor size?

It looks like a stained piece of exterior grade plywood to my eyes. Not my cup of tea.

It looks like a stained piece of exterior grade plywood to my eyes. Not my cup of tea.

Your words more than do justice to my thoughts on this.

I'm slightly less impressed after seeing the video. The pictures looked nice, but it didn't look so hot in the video...

I'm not really drawn by the looks on this one..

Hmm, I don't exactly dig this one either. Reminds me more of a moth than a butterfly. And I HATE moths. They scare me.

I think I see Chthulu in the grain pattern. Or maybe one of those District 9 Prawns.

lol, i've been bugging Mike Upton about the lack of laminate Sopranos with factory-installed pickups in emails :)
I'm quite happy to see this!

Rorschach series...scary...creepy take on "Old World." Almost a self-parody on the search for "exotic woods."

I was thinking the same thing. Not my thang either, but I much more traditional, and love the old boring Mahogany, with very subtle details, if any.

Top Bottom