Why doesn't Jake want us to have tabs to his songs?

takesuoutswitch

Reaction score
In dominator's website it says that all his tabs were removed by his request...Why? =O

I am pretty sure he is working on a book of tabs/music.

I am also pretty sure that it is/was Sony and not Jake that ultimatly wanted the tabs removed. There have been threads about this before but I am not sure where they are.

I have to confess that I raised this very topic shortly after I joined UU.

I can kind of see some reason for objecting to tabs on the web if a tab book is planned, but realistically I think people will still buy an official song book even if there are versions on the web. Internet tabs have a deserved reputation for being inaccurate - and sometimes just junk.

The tabs on Dom's site are in a different league to most - it is quality stuff - but even with those tabs there, I don't think the market for a book is seriously threatened.

IMHO, this kind of copyright enforcement is likely to upset fans. I don't think it makes much, if any, difference to the revenue that will be generated by a book.

As has been said, more likely the publishing company's decision than Jake's personally. He seems like a good guy.

This is a nice thread to read after the seeming glut of anti-Jake rhetoric around here of late.

This is a nice thread to read after the seeming glut of anti-Jake rhetoric around here of late.

Really? I guess in my multiple checks of the threads I missed this. But then again I don't read all the threads. Just the help nme buy an ukulele ones:)

Did you get UU confused with another (UK based) forum?

What the.............don't think I've seen any of this and I'm here every day.

What the.............don't think I've seen any of this and I'm here every day.

Ditto...There may be some folks who feel that Jake's music just isnt for them, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen any Jake-bashing 'round hurr...

BTW, I'm not one of those ppl. I'm looking at a uke signed by Jake right now as I type :D

Where?! What glut? Give up those links man! The masses are wondering what you are reading! :)

Seriously though, I haven't seen any anti-Jake rhetoric around here. The only thing "intelligently" negative I've ever read was on a youtube comment that said something along the lines of "people are giving him too much credit - he is just playing guitar riffs on a ukulele". My reaction was just "So what? Don't see how that changes anything - a guitarist doing the same thing as well on a guitar would be as admirable".

There's a subtle one here.

Why is the ukulele being called the instrument of the 21st Century?

....10. Because some guy played a bad Beatles cover with it.

Which doesn't exactly constitute a glut, but still pretty mean.

Last edited:
Top Bottom