A Neat Dremel Modification for Inlay Work

Thanks for the video. The light is a good idea but the vacuum sucks.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Unlike cutting pearl, I'm not worried about inhaling a tiny bit of sawdust from routing cavities, which are more like crumbs than the fine sawdust you get from sanding. The tape flag works superbly and is less cumbersome. I'd like to see a light hard wired into the router itself. Gives me some ideas..........

I have not done any inlay work yet so I'm not experienced to comment on it one way or another. I just saw it and passed it on. "the vacume sucks"...that's funny!

Not familiar with the tape flag.....what is that?

Thanks for the video. The light is a good idea but the vacuum sucks.
I'd like to see a light hard wired into the router itself. Gives me some ideas..........

That's a great idea! With so many options with the availability of LED lighting this should not be too difficult and look real good in the process too, not a cumbersome Rube Goldberg contraption.

Haha I was thinking Rube Goldberg when I saw that too! I'd use duct tape though! 2 not overly bright LEDs would be perfect. Or better yet two 600um fiber optic assemblies mounted to the base with sma connectors...hmm

This is what I came up with. Still needs tweaking.

Honestly, I want the router and base to be as mobile as I can get it. That's why the small Stewmac base is nice and is also why I got rid of the blower, didn't like the additional hose. There's got to be some kind of little adjustable snake light that you can splice into the Dremel power cord. I don't want to have to mess with changing batteries.

Attachments

• dremel light.jpg
    dremel light.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 35
This is what I came up with. Still needs tweaking.

Honestly, I want the router and base to be as mobile as I can get it. That's why the small Stewmac base is nice and is also why I got rid of the blower, didn't like the additional hose. There's got to be some kind of little adjustable snake light that you can splice into the Dremel power cord. I don't want to have to mess with changing batteries.

HA HA HA!!!! ....you made my morning Chuck. Thanks...

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Top Bottom