My new ukuleles - solid top Kala and solid silver!

snowy_zoe

Reaction score
Hi all

I should have posted these photos earlier, I got these for christmas from my boyfriend and best friend Gavin. It's a Kala KA FMS Soprano, which is beautiful, the back is amazing, can anyone else see 2 birds, a wolf and a rhino or is it just me? I also got a solid case for it and in the box in the case was a silver ukulele brooch that Gavin commissioned a friend of ours to make. her name is Morag and should you want to explore further her address is www.fuzionjewellery.co.uk

hope you like, I love

Attachments

• PE_100215_123419a_sm.jpg
    PE_100215_123419a_sm.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 60
  • PE_100215_123501a_sm.jpg
    PE_100215_123501a_sm.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 53
  • PE_100215_123530a_sm.jpg
    PE_100215_123530a_sm.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 96
  • PE_100215_122131a_sm.jpg
    PE_100215_122131a_sm.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 74
  • PE_100215_122540a_sm.jpg
    PE_100215_122540a_sm.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 56
Congrats. Very pretty uke and silver ukulele brooch. What a great thoughtful gift. And, yes, I can see two birds a wolf and a rhino.

Very nice. The back is crazy!

That little sliver uke is too cute. In your Kala, I see the face of an angler fish.

UHqhH.jpg

I see the 2 birds :)! And the Rhino! Very pretty back on that one! I really love all the shaped you can see in it! I have a spalted maple myself (concert size) and I think the more dramatic the back the better. Mine is very dramatic as well and I see a skinny ghost guy in mine ;)!

Definitely see the angler fish. The wood on that Kala is incredible. :O

How does the sopranino sound? I've never played a uke with a solid silver top before. :B

Wow! Those are a couple of very nice gifts. Congratulations.

Hi all

I got these for christmas from my boyfriend and best friend Gavin. It's a Kala KA FMS Soprano, which is beautiful, the back is amazing, can anyone else see 2 birds, a wolf and a rhino or is it just me?
hope you like, I love

Most have one of each but when you have found both in one that is a real treasure.

I see a dragon:
Dragon%20Face.JPG

It's the mighty GRIFFIN! or also two of them. It's like one of those trick questions, "How many griffins are there?" Some say 1; some say 2, but the real answer's 3. :p

P.S. I'm having trouble finding the rhino. Can anyone point it out?
P.P.S. There's also at least 3 evil bunny rabbits I spotted too. The evil bunny at the bottom is flipping me off! What a jerk!
P.P.P.S. I wonder what you'd find if you turned it upside-down.

Griffin_by_Ironshod.jpg

Last edited:
2 birds, an elephant and a horse.

Lucky girl...

P.S. I'm having trouble finding the rhino. Can anyone point it out?

he's right under the kissing birds, charging staight out of the uke, I like to think he's chasing the wolf.

yes I am very lucky, I'm very grateful to have someone like Gavin in my life...and the ukuleles:D

Last edited:
Looks more like a hippo to me.

Top Bottom