Bushman Englemann - anyone ever hear one?

xoukulele

Reaction score
I know Bushman as a company and instruments of late get a really bad rap considering that there are so many others like Mainland and Ohana and on and on that do provide great products with great service but and a big BUT has anyone ever heard of a Bushman Englemann Soprano ukulele? I am looking at a used one but could not play it and wanted to know what it sounds like.

Thanks...

btw...I have a post about a new or used uke and was going to add this to the post but thought it should be separate.

I have a Bushman Engelmann Concert and I love it! It is my "main" uke. Beautiful voice, perfect intonation, and good playability.

The tone is brighter and crisper than mahogany, cleaner and not as boomy as cedar.

As a basis for comparison, I have a Bushman Jenny Concert. I had a Mainland Cedar Concert. I have owned a variety of other ukes, and have played lots of others, including several Ks. I haven't played a single one that I would trade my Engelmann for.

Thanks SailQwest for that reply.

I have a Ohana Mahogany concert and want a soprano. Do you remember how much your uke cost? It is no longer made and cannot find much info about it.

There is a thread here by me and I am looking for a replacement for my beginner kala and was looking at a sprucehouse, Ohana Zebrawood and Mainland Mango or Cedar. I am leaning towards the Sprucehouse if only because it is made in USA and is almost afordable but heard that the older Bushmans if found used might be worth a look.

Top Bottom