A desire to try out some new ukes...

beeejums

Reaction score
I've been thinking that I'd like to try out some ukes, for this or that reason (it doesn't really matter) so I've been canvassing the local music stores... I don't know if it's whether I live on the East Coast or not in a big city or what, but I always find ukes. A few Oscar Shmidts, some Mahalos, occasionally a Hilo or a Mitchell. And that's it. But I want to try out some *nice* ukes...

So does anybody know of any uke stores around DC? Where they sell relatively nice ukes (i.e. higher end Kalas, ideally KoAlohas, etc.?)

I know there's a uke store in southern VA that sells Kanilea....

Check the "find a dealer" function on Kanilea's website.

I've been thinking that I'd like to try out some ukes, for this or that reason (it doesn't really matter) so I've been canvassing the local music stores... I don't know if it's whether I live on the East Coast or not in a big city or what, but I always find ukes. A few Oscar Shmidts, some Mahalos, occasionally a Hilo or a Mitchell. And that's it. But I want to try out some *nice* ukes...

So does anybody know of any uke stores around DC? Where they sell relatively nice ukes (i.e. higher end Kalas, ideally KoAlohas, etc.?)

Try ukulele4you or is it ukulele4u? He is in virginia, not sure where but I think it is fairly close to the DC area. He is on ebay and he has a store front now.

A great way to try a bunch of different ukuleles is to find a jam session or a club that meets at a particular location. Generally, there are some very nice instruments in the bunch, and you know this bunch, they are very generous with their time and knowledge. I've played some ukuleles that were so nice, I was nearly afraid to touch them!

Last edited:
Top Bottom