Finished, what do ya think?

lefty dan

Reaction score
I finished my number four today. Boy did I learn a lot along the way. Mostly how to fix mistakes. Its done, plays good and sounds good. Thanks to everyone for the help along the way.

Dan
misuke018.jpg

misuke021.jpg

misuke012.jpg

misuke008-1.jpg

Looks great, and I'll bet it sounds real nice, too! I finished my first yesterday. I'll try to find time to post some pics later tonight.

Mcnilly it sounds good. I want to let the glue dry a day or two more before I keep string tension on it. Then I will adjust the action and nut some more. After that I will be able to tell ya if it sounds great or just OK.

Matt please post photos. Us new guys have to stick together. Ha Ha Congradulations on completing ours.
Dan

Nice Dan. Good styling and love the sap wood.
BTW, I never attempt to do any adjustments to the action of a new build until the strings have been on for a day. Not only to stretch the strings but also to put tension on the bridge/soundboard.

Absolutley fantastic root beer tie-dyed rock-a-billy looking uke. That's one of the things I love about this forum, so much custum uke eye candy. Great job!

Thanks to everyone. I will say I couldn't have built this or the others without the info I gain from the Luther's lounge.

Chuck, thanks for the info on adjustments. I will do just as you say. BUT its hard to just look and not tighten the strings and attempt to play it. I will wait.

Dan

Oh, play away! I just don't do any final adjustments until things have had a chance to settle a bit. It probably doesn't make any difference, it's just the way I was taught.

Great job Dan! I just strung up no. 4 last night as well--I'm off to do my set up now. I wait a day only because it stays in tune better since everything had a night to settle in. Love the cut-away and woodgrain!

Stephen

Great job Dan! I just strung up no. 4 last night as well--I'm off to do my set up now. I wait a day only because it stays in tune better since everything had a night to settle in. Love the cut-away and woodgrain!

Stephen

Stephen We need pictures!

A lady in town just had her black walnut tree cut down. Makes me want to go get a couple of rounds. Do you think that's compression curl from the stump?? I'd love to hear what it sounds like. Beautiful!

Top Bottom