Guess which UU member will be performing at the Cairns Ukulele Festival

Gaby

Reaction score
Jumpingflea!

Matt must be about the luckiest UU member, as Lanikai has agreed to sponsor the Cairns Ukulele Festival by way of flying him all the way to Australia! Lanikai has been going from strength to strength in Australia and Matt will conduct Lanikai product demonstrations at the festival to show you why, so come and check those ukes out.

Cairns is one of the most beautiful parts of Australia, where the "rainforest meets the reef". Matt will be performing in front of an international crowd at the Tanks Arts Centre, a concert venue set in the rainforest.

As if that's not enough, he will be sharing his skills in a workshop!

Matt and his affilliation with Lanikai came to our attention as a result of frequent visits to UU, so I think Matt and the festival owe you guys a big THANKS!

For more info on the festival, check out this thread

Count me as jealous! I was visited Cairns November 2008 and LOVED it! I could live there.

If you like Cordon Bleu, try the Red Rooster Cheesy Nuggets.

So the pics, one is the Cairns International Airport. It looks like a set from Lost. They were building a new one when I was there, but I liked this one.

Coca-Cola Liquor? Why haven't we thought of that?

Tigeralum & Mrs. Tigeralum on the Great Barrier Reef.

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0168.jpg
    DSC_0168.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 24
I am so excited right now! I can't believe I am getting an opportunity like this. Thank you to Lanikai and the Cairns Uke Fest. A BIG thank you to all you here at UU! I have learned so much from this site and each time I log on I learn something new. You guys all rock and I'll be sure to be posting lots here when I am over there with pictures, videos, etc!!!

well done dude! this is awesome!

Congrats! Make sure you take a ride up to Tableland and enjoy a big juicy steak - the best I ever had was served to me in a small bar/rest where the locals rode thier horses to and the sunset there was burned into my memory.

Last edited:
Congrats Matt! Have fun in the land down under!

Thanks Ryan!

Lanikai wouldn't have found me without UU so I really have to personally thank you and the staff at UU for this. I'll be sure to make do lots of promoting of UU while I am there and taking videos, doing writeups, etc for UU!

Congrats!!! I'm looking forward to the pictures, write up etc. :D

Have a great time!!!

Congrats Matt...you deserve it!!! Yes, don't forget the pics!!

Thanks Ryan!

Lanikai wouldn't have found me without UU so I really have to personally thank you and the staff at UU for this. I'll be sure to make do lots of promoting of UU while I am there and taking videos, doing writeups, etc for UU!

The Underground is truly a place where dreams come true. Have fun, Matt!

Jumpingflea!

Matt must be about the luckiest UU member, as Lanikai has agreed to sponsor the Cairns Ukulele Festival by way of flying him all the way to Australia!

Big Congrats for this awesome opportunity!! 'Course, he's not just one of the luckiest members, but also one of the most talented & ambitious! Well-deserved!

Top Bottom