The Pineapple Ukulele: An Appreciation

luv dem pineapples!

both the fruit and instrument.

Thanks for the link! I always love learning more about ukuleles!
–Lori

Thanks for the link, some interesting info on the pineapple uke!!

Thanks for the link, some interesting info on the pineapple uke!!

Just a brief look but for me I have to say meaningful. Why? I too have fallen in love with pineapple ukueles. I don't have the budget to order, but I was able to drive around the metro NYC area...

Thanks for posting that. Would also love to view a vid of the red cedar pineapple...I have to say, I wish more folks would look beyond appearances and give pineapples a try.

Last edited:
i HATE the fruit but love my kamoa pineapple from UU!!! its got a comfortable shape and great tone..thanks for the article!

i HATE the fruit but love my kamoa pineapple from UU!!! its got a comfortable shape and great tone..thanks for the article!

Enjoy that Kamoa. That's not fake suprise being pleased in the vid review...but the real deal and a great deal.

Thanks for the post! Didn't know that about the pineapple. More reasons to add to the uke collection!!

I've seen some of your reviews and their great!!! Still enjoying the Kiwaya? In the somewhat distant future considering a Kiwaya pineapple...

Come on guys, a pineapple shaped 'ukulele?!?! You guys MUST be joking!

Come on guys, a pineapple shaped 'ukulele?!?! You guys MUST be joking!

Ukeninam is the only one that mentioned shape, and she doesn't even like the taste of the fruit. This is more about sound, or texture, or smell, or something I figure.

I've got a cheap Kala pineapple with the goofy pineapple print. Really wanted a soprano in the arsenal, and again, it was cheap. Bought me some strings to tune it to D. I was absolutely hooked on that ukulele for months!

Until, of course, I took in another stray (the Harmony concert).

Thanks! I will add this to my list of why I want a Mele concert mahogany pineapple ukulele...or is that a Mele mahogany pineapple concert...?.
anyway, a mellow Mele has been calling to me. I must wait until the end of June.

Top Bottom