cheap baritone uke ;]

Esy

Reaction score
HI all i have soprano and tenor and now i wanna buy cheap but good baritone uke ;] any tips ?

prize about 100 - 200$ only for fun :p ans colectors feal:rock:

I've heard bad; VERY bad things of this one.

Supposedly the bridge pops off after just a few days of playing. I know a few this happened to, but they re-attached it and then it worked ok.

If you don't know how to properly attach a bridge (I sure don't) then I'd stay away from it and go with the Amigo for 20 more.

There's a member here who would think differently.

There's a member here who would think differently.

Well whoever that might be (I am assuming it's you?) got a nice deal. I would happily spend the $30 for a Bari Uke. The only issue is that I know of a few cases where this uke has broken for people. Who knows, maybe they just got very unlucky, but I am just giving the OP a warning that it could (but not necessarily) happen. But really, for 30 bucks you can't expect all of them to be great.

If it is you that has it, do you have any recordings of it? I would love to hear how it sounds! :music:

Well whoever that might be (I am assuming it's you?) got a nice deal. I would happily spend the $30 for a Bari Uke. The only issue is that I know of a few cases where this uke has broken for people. Who knows, maybe they just got very unlucky, but I am just giving the OP a warning that it could (but not necessarily) happen. But really, for 30 bucks you can't expect all of them to be great.

If it is you that has it, do you have any recordings of it? I would love to hear how it sounds! :music:

Nope, I don't own one but Guting does. Here is his YouTube Channel

If you dont know what you're doing, then bridges will go flying. I tuned to DGBE when I first got it, no problems regardless of how hard I was picking/strumming. Its pretty safe to say its user error with a bit of luck. I avoided the case by swapping tenor strings to tune higher with less tension.

The whitewood construction is solid, no resonance. It literally sounds the same in person as it does in the videos (no real depth) kinda like putting the uke to your body and your forearm on the soundboard, all string.

Heres a review I did a while back (kinda shallow)
http://www.4thpeg.com/parlor_room/viewtopic.php?t=2950

I also sold it to my friend a while back and damn I am missing it. LOL!

Top Bottom