Getting my KoAlana 'Ukulele from KoAloha today!

hawaiianmusiclover06

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that UAS got to me. I am getting excited because I am getting my KoAlana 'Ukulele from KoAloha Ukulele today! I can't wait! Will post pictures up when I get it. Sorry for the rant! I am still excited!!!!! HOORAY!

Congrats on the new uke. Can't wait to see the photos! I love seeing people's new ukes!

–Lori

What size? Details! Details! Give 'em up....

Congrats, I'm very jealous. I can't even play my uke after playing a Koaloha last week.

All right... here's the details

My KoAlana is a concert ukulele. Hence, my real name is "Alana" Cool having a ukulele named after me.
Its going to have my name lasered engraved with a pickup.

That's better! Having your name the same is cool, too. But what's this? Now you're just casually letting slip that your new uke has a pickup? What kind? Details! Details!

I like the look of those even better than the Koalohas. I've never played either. Enjoy!

I have a KoAloha. That's why I'm curious.

KoAlohas sound so sweet. It feels good, it looks good, it sounds good. I love it. But I really like my other ukuleles too. Sometimes a song calls for a certain sound.

Maybe I am mistaken but it seems KoAloha has the most vocal fan base here at UU. Yes?

I don't know - Flea and Fluke owners are also pretty vocal. Asking a Flea/Fluke owner what kind of ukulele you should buy is like telling a life insurance salesman you are thinking of buying some life insurance LOL. I'd say they might give Koaloha owners a good run at least. Then, there are those Mainland guys, and ....

Would love to see pics of that Koalana though. I was sorely tempted to buy one when MGM had those Koalana Koa sopranos up on eBay last time.

Last edited:
Say hello to "Brian" for me !

Maybe I am mistaken but it seems KoAloha has the most vocal fan base here at UU. Yes?

I agree, I think so. Before I had a KoAloha, I felt like I was not a member of a huge fanclub and felt like a tad bit of an outsider. Now that I have one, I see what all the fuss was about and I feel like part of an ohana.

I'm guessing Mainland owners and fans out-number either Koaloha or Fluke/Flea here on UU. I don't own any of these fine ukes, but intend to purchase a Mainland at UWC2010 in June. I've not read one bad word about a Mainland, nor one complaint about their customer service.

Mainlands are more affordable than Koaloha, and that may explain part of the difference. The most often touted feature of the Flea/Fluke may be it's durability, and that's a fine attribute, but durability and the ability to stand up by itself don't necessarily offset the instrument's unconventional looks/materials.

Not a day goes by without a rave review of a newly received Mainland on these pages. But I'm just sayin'....

I have a flea and a KoAloha. I LIKE my flea. I LOVE my KoAloha. See the difference? However, they serve different purposes for me. But in no way am I dissing Fleas. They're really fun and seem extremely durable. Sound is ok too. I got to check out Lanark's new Mainland today. It is SWEET!

Wouldn't it be boring if everyone liked or loved the exact same thing?

Top Bottom