I'm starting the auctions

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Well we're not gonna start with Mika... let's just get rid of the other ones first and Mika shall be saved for last. Okay?

First off... the black applause ukulele you guys seen in the original Bandito Tyler video, Close to you (on Danyo's youtube), and many other vids.

I've tinkered with the action, the bridge, the saddle, and I'll throw in the "fat finger" on the headstock for better sustain. Best "feeling" applause that you'll ever hold I promise. No case

On musicians friend it sells at 349.99

Let's start the auction at 250.

its probably not the right thing to say this here, but i PMed NukeDoc, and we both think and agree that you should keep Mika at least. she has been with you with glorious moments.

so is that it, are you just gonna sell your dreams away?

...im pretty sure when times got rough with Jake he never gave up and dude look at him now, you are capable of that, never give up dude :(

Even if I were in the market today, I'd prefer not to buy. It doesn't seem right to me.

Selling your ukes under the current circumstances seems like a permanent solution to a temporary issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20140706_034358.jpg
    IMG_20140706_034358.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 9
Even if I were in the market today, I'd prefer not to buy. It doesn't seem right to me.

Selling your ukes under the current circumstances seems like a permanent solution to a temporary issue.

i agree. we wouldn't feel right buying these items with sentimental attachments. especially as fellow ukulele players

i agree. we wouldn't feel right buying these items with sentimental attachments. especially as fellow ukulele players
Particularly since (I'm assuming) that Aldrine doesn't need the money.

Of course, our reverence and respect for Aldrine could backfire; and he'd wind-up selling his ukes at giveaway prices to someone who doesn't give a BLEEP about them.

If anyone does buy them, I suggest that they see themselves as merely being a temporary custodian ... and be prepared to exchange them back to Aldrine (for the same price) in the future. ;) :)

hold on now... i think we need to step back a bit and make sure we're looking at the bigger picture here. i am with EVERYONE on not wanting to see aldrine give it all up. BUT...

i think what we need to know before we totally just boycott these auctions is if there are any underlying reasons behind selling all the ukes.

a little background on my experience with this...
i have a lot of hobbies. and i have a lot of friends that share the same hobbies. and in these hobbies, multiple pieces of equipment is a must for serious players. so for us to be truly into these hobbies, we never stopped at the bare minimum, ie: 1 airsoft gun, 1 fishing rod, 1 pool cue, and so on. and times came when either I or one of the others just needed some extra flow for the time being. so we would post up some (and sometimes a lot) of our equipment for sale. the others would then buy what they wanted/needed/could afford to HELP OUT THE PERSON SELLING THE STUFF. but this was always done in good faith that the person was still left with the bare minimum at least to be able to partake in the fun of that shared hobby.

so my post on the other thread concerning the morality of making a bid on one of aldrine's ukes was not intended to totally shoot down any attempt to sell any of his stuff. my point was that i would have no problem buying what i wanted and could afford from him, KNOWING that in the end he would still have Mika.

so if i may, i would like to put this out to aldrine... PLEASE KEEP MIKA. tell us, in good faith, basically give us your word, that you will keep her.

then LET THE BIDDING BEGIN and help our brother out as much as we can... without stripping him of what drew us to him.

ok, maybe i just don't appreciate your sincerity to Mika as you all. i have invested hard earned money into quality koa instruments. i spent money for good sound and to make sure it holds its value rather than lose. i plan on handing these down to my children as a family heirloom. BUT, if i wanted to UPGRADE for better sound and look i would consider Mika (if i was in this situation). If money ain't a thang then of course keep it. If members want to start a donation fund for the custom i am down for that too. Aldrine given me lessons, i can give back...;)

Top Bottom