Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Rarely

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Never

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

deach

Reaction score
Does anyone here use them? Whenever I play I am usually in front of my computer and accessing the sheep-entertainment online chord chart is easier than fumbling through a book.

i don't own any uke books currently. My entire ukulele knowledge has come completely from the internet. (Of course my uke career is only about 4 months long)

Roy Sakuma's "Treasury of Ukulele Chords" was one of the 1st uke related books I purchased.

Once you have an idea of what note is at which fret on a specific string staring at a page of this book allows you to figure out what chord forms creates what chord once you figure out the root note finger. Makes life easier than trying to remember every chord.

I don't use them too often. Most of the chords I use I already know. (of course that isn't saying much as I don't play with a group all too often)

When I need to figure out a chord then I consult one though.

When I had my palm pilot, there is actually a program out there for uke chords. Was pretty handy. One thing I do keep with me is a Ukulele Fret Board rubber stamp (self-inking kind). That way if I need to learn a new chord, I just stamp em on the sheet music and viola!

One thing I do keep with me is a Ukulele Fret Board rubber stamp (self-inking kind). That way if I need to learn a new chord, I just stamp em on the sheet music and viola!

Those are nice. A lot neater than drawing a fretboard every time.

So True. And the funny thing is......I bought it through a guy on the mainland.....only to find later that a personal friend of mine who works in a rubberstamp shop (they closed business now) was the one who made it and sold it to this seller on the mainland. duh!!!!!!

i got one called... uke'n play ukulele or something LOL! waste my $20 lmao

My folks sent me a couple books by Jim Belof, and in the front of each book is a list of uke chords. I refered to them alot while learning the songs because my uke was tune to D, where as all the songs written now days are written in C. So depending on the chord progressions, I may use the fingerings given over each song, or I may have to transpose the fingerings to my tuning, which meant refering to the chord chart. Very confusing, but I did learn alot of alternative fingerings!! By the way, I learned to play from old song books from the 20s and 30s, and all the songs were for D tuning, hence my preference for those chord shapes...

Top Bottom