Anyone use the Fishman tuner?

vehement

Reaction score
Anyone use the new Fishman FT-1 tuner? It has a setting for Ukulele, it's affordable. I'm thinking about picking one up, but was wondering if anyone else has tried it yet? Can be found here at Elderly:

http://elderly.com/accessories/items/FT1.htm

Last edited:
You can get the Intelli IMT-500 on Amazon for cheaper, and it's the same thing.

I like the Fishman cause i has a ukulele mode. I read a many reviews on the Intelli model tuners and some had been really bad. I just want one that is able to tune my uke, guitar and bass well. I read that some of them can't really pick up the lower notes from a bass guitar!

I gotta say, the best musical advice I heard in a while was someone telling me to stop using an electronic tuner and to use a pitch fork for A - and then tune the rest by ear.

I've been doing it for a while - it's hard, but it's been very good for developing my ear.

I have an Intelli, love it, the only thing i can fault about it is that occasionally it buzzes when im tuning which im not too bothered about, just have to take it off after i've tuned.

I gotta say, the best musical advice I heard in a while was someone telling me to stop using an electronic tuner and to use a pitch fork for A - and then tune the rest by ear.

I've been doing it for a while - it's hard, but it's been very good for developing my ear.

True true, but not possible in a noisy enviroment such as a gig or social so a tuner is still a requirement... you have got me interested though, I may just buy one...also very useful if you have no batteries

I like the Fishman cause i has a ukulele mode. I read a many reviews on the Intelli model tuners and some had been really bad. I just want one that is able to tune my uke, guitar and bass well. I read that some of them can't really pick up the lower notes from a bass guitar!

I only tune chromatically on tuners, it is imo the best way, it also means you are not limited to ukulele tuners....

Also i have just bought a Peterson tp-2, its a clamp on tuner extension, allowing you to tune on a normal tuner with a jack in, in noisey environments again giving you a much wider selection of tuners to choose from... .check it out.

I found out the new Fishman tuner is just a rip-off of another brand's tuner that looked exactly the same shape and the exact same functions for a cheaper price! I wish they would have at least changed the shape before badging it with Fishman's name!

I ended up getting a Korg AW-2G http://korg.com/product.aspx?&pd=552 instead and love it!

Top Bottom