Sharing of First Live Show Experiences?

dmassop

Reaction score
so last friday my high school our "palooza" where kids who are in bands try out and then hopefully get to play in the friday night show. it turned out saaaaaweet, it was one of the most fun things i've ever done.

and now for the longer, slightly more boring, and drawn out story (cause i hate finishing my papers i still have to do...)

a buddy of mine, happens to be a guitarist, got me interested in playing bass back in jan so we could jam together, so i did that for a while, and then we got a dummer and another guitarist, that worked out pretty well, we had a few fun jam sessions and started thinking of songs to put together to try out for this show, 2 weeks later that was done with :/
so me and my buddy were back to step one, my cousin was going to hawaii, and i asked her to pick me up a uke. i said heres my money, talk to a sales guy, and get me something. i had no clue what id get. i got my uke and love it. (superconcert mahongany kau'wela)
then i started playing uke with my guitar friend, and we said screw it lets do a duo thing. so we did
needless to say we were scared shitless, all the other preformers were a "bit" more experienced, but what the hell right?
set list:
1. intro- just chord progressions, into a rod and gabbriela solo by him
2. i'm yours-mraz (thanks aldrine.... :) )
3. save tonight- eagle eye cherry
4. one week- barenaked ladies (def our best one)
5. sweet caroline- the diamond

we messed up a fair amount, my singing was off, and people were still rockin out, esp on one week.
basically if you get an oppurtunity go for it, its awesome
sorry for the small novel. so lets here your story

nah man, we had a kid lined up to but no go i guess. i have a buddy who does a lot of photo journalism stuff, and he brought his camera, he showed my a couple and they looked pretty sweet, i'll try and get those up after he e-mails them to me.
we might record a couple songs of us practicing to put on youtube tho, give you guys a taste :rolleyes:
but yea, now a couple people in iowa know what a uke is. "Look at David's Little Guitar!!!" no no guys... :)

Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

As for me, my first ukulele performance for more than just a couple of friends was a few months back in french class... a class of about 35 people. I'd written a song in french for extra credit and learned another in french as a bonus... My friend was on bongos, I was on uke and vocals... and it was a blast, once I stopped shaking to the point at which it was hard to play...

I"m doing another performance in the class again next thursday... this time with a larger lineup of songs and a lot more confidence (I have since played in front of an audience of at least 70 people on an orchestra trip... I've finally gotten over my stage fright... at least for smallish groups)

Top Bottom