KoAloha Acquisition Syndrome (Is there a Cure?)

heyjude

Reaction score
I'm cured! No more UAS for me. Yep, I finally done it. I OD'd on KoAlohas and no longer have UAS. I look at all the new and used ukes at the UU Marketplace and Ebay, nothing. I even visited the Moore Bettah web site, not a quiver.
What I've done was this. I bought a KoAloha longneck soprano from MGM Dec 22, a KoAloha concert on ebay Dec 30, a vintage KoAloha oval sound hole soprano on Ebay Jan 16, a Super Concert KoAloha from MGM (this one was exchanged for another one) Jan 27 and a KoAloha Pineapple soprano with one piece back and top on Ebay Sunday Feb 14. On the positive side, I no longer have any cravings for the boutique KoAlohas.
Somewhere out there, there's a KoAloha tenor with my name on it. This KAS is killing me and it'll take a good undertaker three days to get the smile off of my face.:)

Jude

There is no cure for KAS. I speak from experiance.

I have experienced this KAS of which you speak. It is best not to fight it, go with the flow. I will have a related post (with pics) in a week or so.:)

You don't have a D-VI, Sceptor or Pineapple Sunday.
You had better start shopping again.

You clearly didn't look at Chuck Moores website very well. ;)

Thats what I was thinking. Although there is nothing for sale and Chuck is not taking orders right now. That might help some.

You don't have a D-VI, Sceptor or Pineapple Sunday.
You had better start shopping again.

Juke-ulele???

I don't own and haven't even been able to play one yet, but I do have to put a towel over my keyboard whenever I go to their website to keep the drool out of the keys! Does that count as KAS? I don't even want to talk about Moore Bettah's site as I usually just pass out after a few minutes there!

Don't misunderstand me, I truly admire his work and envy him his tree house but I have no desire to own or possess his ukes. They are works of art and I'd be afraid to take one out of it's case. Nope it's the plain vanilla KoAlohas for me. I would like to visit his shop though and maybe he'd let me touch one. I'd be too awestruck to play.
Jude

I found the cure.. POVERTY...

I love my tenor and I have a concert being loaned to me... I want to call it my own soooo bad.....

Wow that's a lot of KAS!

I found the cure.. POVERTY...

yep, i agree with you on this one. poverty puts a serious halt to uas or kas or basically any kind of acquisition syndrome. when you've got rent syndrome and gas syndrome and kids need new shoes syndrome, the trip to the koaloha factory even to get a discounted second is several years away. :)

:shaka:

I know what you mean.I thought I could only play one ukulele at a time so I only needed one.Well I started with a Lanikai curly koa concert ,then got a kanilea tenor solid koa and now my latest aquisition a kanilea soprano with a concert neck premium koa.At my age it does not get any easier LOL

Top Bottom