Papa's Boxes Preliminary Review...

tad

Reaction score
Well, last Friday my concert uke from Papa's Boxes came in. Honestly, I really love it. It's got a great plunky tone, and is really well set-up. The neck is REALLY wide-- like, a lot wider than my other concert size ukes... It makes it a bit tricky to play, but it gives the fingers good exercise.

Some Pictures:

papa1.jpg

papa2.jpg

papa3.jpg

papa4.jpg

(Continued...)

The obligatory headstock shot:

papaheadstock.jpg

From behind:

papaback.jpg

It's got a really tall bridge that gives it nice action:

papaaction.jpg

My only complaint is that the neck doesn't connect to the box... It seems really well-attached, I'm not too worried about it, but it looks a bit funky... I'm half-tempted to shim it, but I'd be too afraid of messing it up...

papagap.jpg

that things awesome, i wish i had some green to get one. congratz on ur purchase, now u need to post some videos.

that looks great :)

Ive been in communication with 'papa' regarding how easy it is to build one. -It looks like its just a matter of drilling a few holes and slapping in a few screws.

Oh, and the gap between the neck and the box is so that you can adjust the action

friday morning, heat wave in san francisco, UAS acting up. placed an order for a concert kit with geared tuners!

got a glimpse of the PDF instructions from Papa, and like Zymeck said, the neck gap is for adjusting action.

I just changed to Aquila strings and adjusted the action and I like it much better

Top Bottom