My Review of my KoAlana 'Ukulele

hawaiianmusiclover06

Reaction score
Here's my review on my KoAlana 'Ukulele:

The KoAlana 'Ukulele is solid and made out mahogany wood. The sound and tone quality of it is loud and clear. It is much louder than my other two ukuleles that I currently own. The fretboard is beautiful and the ukulele itself is more beautiful. It is also light in weight which maikes it comfortable to play. If anyone doesn't own a KoAlana by KoAloha you should get it. Here are some pictures of it.

Attachments

• DSCN0580.jpg
    DSCN0580.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN0583.jpg
    DSCN0583.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0587.jpg
    DSCN0587.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0582.jpg
    DSCN0582.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0585.jpg
    DSCN0585.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 59
Congrats on the new uke!! She is beautiful! How does she play? Perhaps you can write an indepth review in the review section?
Good luck and happy strumming!!

Very pretty uke...................Have fun playing !

It's beautiful! For those of us who aren't familiar....what's the main difference between the Koalana ukes and the Koaloha ukes? I see that the peghead shape and sound hole shape are like the Koaloha, so what makes them different? Are the Koalana ukes laminates?

It's beautiful! For those of us who aren't familiar....what's the main difference between the Koalana ukes and the Koaloha ukes? I see that the peghead shape and sound hole shape are like the Koaloha, so what makes them different? Are the Koalana ukes laminates?

KoAloha is a handmade Hawaiian uke. KoAlana is an import.

KoAloha is also Koa. KoAlana is Mahogany.

MGM had some Koalonas on eBay last month that were also solid Koa. Iposted a thread on it., but did not buy one. Koaloha decided several years ago that they needed a cheaper mass produced import under their wing to increase revenues. They therefore put out the specs and started importing the Koalana. They were not happy with the quality of the imports several years ago and quit importing them. Apparently, they are now happy with them again. As MGM says, all ukes are pretty much hand made - its just a question of where they are hand made. While the Koalanas are Koaloahas, they are made under the guidance and eye of the Koaloha company.

Last edited:
Top Bottom