Question about KoAloha ukuleles

Andruke

Reaction score
So I've been looking around at KoAloha ukes and I've noticed that some of them don't have the 5 point crown bridge and some do. Is it the newer ones that don't have the the crown bridge? I also noticed that some of them also have a 5 point crown at the end of the fretboard and some don't. Again is it the newer ones that don't have the crown at the end of the fretboard?

I know for sure they don't utilize the crown bridge on the current builds. As far as the fret board crown (bottom), I'm not sure. Maybe Paul or one of the KoAloha owners can verify that.

The Pikake series have a satin finish and the square end fingerboard. Other than that I believe they are the same as the others. There's a lot of information to be found at the KoAloha web site explaining the different models.
Jude

They're changing up the designs once in a while (as illustrated in the Pineapple Sunday thread), and which ones have the crown bridge and crown fretboard vary over the years. But as mentioned, the pikake models have a straight cut fretboard. And usually the larger models such as tenors feature the crown bridge. If you're looking to buy, the best way is probably just to look at the pics, because it may vary.

They stopped doing the crown bridge on their super-concert and larger ukes last year I think. I think it was an issue of cost and the "bow-tie" bridges were supposed to hold better as well. The scepter ones still use it though. The crowns at the bottom of the fretboard are used on their soprano to concert models that are not Pikake models.

Thanks for the clarification. The crown bridges are definitely cool, too bad they stopped making them.

Top Bottom