Ukulele Mishap Competition (Fictional)

luvdat

Reaction score
Invent a ukulele mishap, accident or catastrophe (purely fictional):

The 2 Hercos I use fell from a shelf and crushed the top of my Kiwaya.

My Flea, during a visit to the beach, was swept away at sea.

This could be a recurring nightmare also. My ex-wife got all of my ukuleles in the divorce.

This was an actual nightmare...

I woke up early one morning and everyone else was asleep. took out my koaloha tenor out of the case. Sat down down on my couch and started strumming when the front of the uke shattered in peices. I was like WHAT THE HELL. I touched the back of the uke and it crumbled like egg shells. I stood up holding just the neck and the bridge dangling from the 4 strings. I ran to my other 2 ukes.. opened us the cases and they were all warped and cracked... I screamed.. NNNOOOOO!!!

Then I woke up...

I had to get up and checked on my ukes. :D:D

While I do have UAS, I don't have nightmares about their destruction. That is a whole different level of sickness! ;) UNS (Ukulele Nightmare Syndrome)?

Fiction, huh? Okay...

I once bought a ukulele that had been formerly owned and played by Ohta-san, Iz, and Jake Shimabukuro.

But when I got the uke home and it realized it was going to next be played by me, it jumped out of the case, ran out into the street, and threw itself in front of a passing bus.

JJ

I don't want a pickle. . .

I drove a 4Runner over my uke when it was in a gig bag. I was taking it to work morning and loaded it onto the passenger's seat, and it fell out onto the driveway and I didn't hear it, probably because it was in the soft case and fell just as the door closed, and... Oh, wait... You said "fictional"... (God, I'm getting a lot of milage outta this story...)

Attachments

• 3790.jpg
    3790.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 13
I am standing about ten feet away from where my ukes hang on the the wall, hanging up a cordless phone. The phone doesn't make it onto the cradle, and begins to fall to the hard wood floor. I stick my foot out to break the fall, but actually kick the phone across the room, where it hits the wall next to my Kumalae, bumps the Kumalae which then starts to jump out of its wall hanger. I dash across the room as the Kumalae is working it's way out of the hanger and grab it just as it is about to plunge five feet down to the hard wood floor.

Wait, this actually happened last night......no damage to the uke. In my feeble attempt to stave off phone destruction, I almost killed a 70 year old ukulele!

Last edited:
I am standing about ten feet away from where my ukes hang on the the wall, hanging up a cordless phone. The phone doesn't make it onto the cradle, and begins to fall to the hard wood floor. I stick my foot out to break the fall, but actually kick the phone across the uke, where it hits the wall next to my Kumalae, bumps the Kumalae which then starts to jump out of its wall hanger. I dash across the room as the Kumalae is working it's way out of the hanger and grab it just as it is about to plunge five feet down to the hard wood floor.

Wait, this actually happened last night......no damage to the uke. In my feeble attempt to stave off phone destruction, I almost killed a 70 year old ukulele!
I hate when that happens...

Yesterday I took my ukulele out for its nightly walk and a pack of wild ukes ran up and savaged it.

Kids.

you can imagine the rest.

Actually, the other day, My son was climbing on the back of the couch and fell onto my firm-foam casethat had my Ibanez in it. uke is fine, heart is still beating pretty fast though.

Because of this thread I had my first Uke nightmare last night... When I woke I knew EXACTLY why I had that dream.

I was getting ready to go on a trip and I was taking York with me. I was playing him one last time and the neck started wobbling, but I kept playing and suddlenly the neck fell completely off. When it fell off I saw that all that was holding the neck to the body was a wood dowell (like you get in the cheap unassembled shelves or desks). And I was holding it by the neck and body was just dangling down by the 4 strings. And in my dream I just knew I could not fix it and was worried i would not find another spalted maple as pretty as my York. (Which is a bit like real life... I look at the other spalted maples on ebay just to see their patterns and I have yet to see one in the concert size that I liked better... but I am biased since mine is my first Uke love)!

I was playing my solid koa top uke at a bonfire party. Someone wanted to try it out, so I handed it to the person sitting next to me to pass down the line to the other person. When I finally got my uke back, it was all sticky from roasted marshmallow. I was trying to rub off the gunk but lost my grip and uke fell into the sand, got sand inside. The well-meaning person next to me picked it up and tried to shake out the sand, but it stuck to their hand. And now there was sand stuck to the marshmallow goo. I was annoyed, so I got up to go put my uke back in the case. Someone else (fairly drunk) bumped into me, knocked my uke out of my hand, and stepped squarely on it, smashing in the front. The guy picked it up, apologizing, but he lost his balance, and uke went into the fire. *sigh*

(I'm going to have nightmares for sure tonight....)

Top Bottom