Added humidity....oooh, pretty!

Aunt Betty

Reaction score
1. I bought a hygrometer after reading about relative humidity and cracked ukuleles.

2. I was surprised that the humidity inside was between 40-50%. This is Washington State - I thought it would be higher.

3. I bought a small tabletop fountain…..ooooh, pretty! It holds about 4 cups of water. The room is 10x12 feet.

4. The humidity is now between 50-60%. (I keep the room pretty warm for the finches - they live in a 5 x 4.5-foot flight cage.)

5. My ukuleles like it. My plants like it. My finches like it. I look ten years younger...

Great solution!!!

Yes, even the North Wet gets dry indoors.

1. I bought a hygrometer after reading about relative humidity and cracked ukuleles.

2. I was surprised that the humidity inside was between 40-50%. This is Washington State - I thought it would be higher.

3. I bought a small tabletop fountain…..ooooh, pretty! It holds about 4 cups of water. The room is 10x12 feet.

4. The humidity is now between 50-60%. (I keep the room pretty warm for the finches - they live in a 5 x 4.5-foot flight cage.)

5. My ukuleles like it. My plants like it. My finches like it. I look ten years younger...

Great idea. We love the sound of running water. I may have to trade in the humidifier for a fountain now.

Oh yeah... it can get dry, especially if you have a forced air system in the house. I don't worry about it too much unless we get those really dry nor'easters with freezing temps. I'm thinking that it might be a little bit drier right now with all the warm sunny days, but I think it's going to rain tomorrow.

Yes, moisturizer verses moist air....moist air wins :)

If I had a fountain in the room, I am afraid I would be taking bathroom breaks every five minutes from the sound of running water.
I would never get much ukulele playing in.

Top Bottom