Any neat strums?

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
One thing that really gives a song some character is the strumming approach.

Any neat strums you guys wanna share? Any new original technique to strumming you stumbled upon?

Share share share~!!!

umm well on of my scratching methods is sorta funny. instead of just holding the strings on the fret. i leave my palm down on the strings and strum:p i'll try and get a vid to show u guys cuz it's hard to explain.. haha

Attachments

• 100_1138.jpg
    100_1138.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1137.jpg
    100_1137.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
  • national.jpg
    national.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2
umm well on of my scratching methods is sorta funny. instead of just holding the strings on the fret. i leave my palm down on the strings and strum:p i'll try and get a vid to show u guys cuz it's hard to explain.. haha

Would that be kind of like a chunk? Or is it a variation of chunking the strings? Make a vid and share with us dude! :D

Would that be kind of like a chunk? Or is it a variation of chunking the strings? Make a vid and share with us dude! :D

haha yea i will. i use that variation a lot when i play I'm Your's by jason Mraz since i have a different strum for da song.. but yea.. whenever i can get a chance to steal my moms video cam i'll do it^_^

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
  • finished 4..jpg
    finished 4..jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 10
  • finished 2..jpg
    finished 2..jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Flea.jpg
    Flea.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 10
  • bruce_30.jpg
    bruce_30.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
  • bruce_29.jpg
    bruce_29.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2
  • bruce_27.jpg
    bruce_27.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Piet4.jpg
    Piet4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Piet2.jpg
    Piet2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2
hey Terrell, I've never seen that kinda strumming/chk'ing style before, i think if you keep practicing, it can have a lot of potential.

Hey that Kala uke sounds pretty dang good man. I may need to pick one up now.

haha thanks guys^_^ yea i wanna get some new strings for it cuz i have the aluminum ones. but yea.. i'll put up soem more videos later on for u guys;)

Top Bottom