IT's OFFICIAL!!! My life just got even more awesome!!!

Mim

Reaction score
I have been under high anxiety all day because I had to ask my landlord a very random question...

"Can I sell Ukes along with Ice Cream?"
... haha!

In my lease it says I can sell Ice Cream... and other food stuffs...that's it. But when I opened I never dreamed that I would get the opportunity to sell Ukuleles!

In a weird turn-of-events and what-not and such-as... I was presented with the opprurtunity to sell
Eleukes & Ohanas!

You got to be kiddin' me? How cool is that?!

Only problem... I had to get it cleared with the landlord... dum dum dum!!!

So I call this morning and he "hmms" and "haas" about it and says he will talk to his partner and call me back...

So all day... Stress... worry... fret...

Then I got the call...

APPROVED!!!

Woot-woot!

But he informs be I do not get an exclusivity clause... HA!... so basically if the Chinese food, Veteranarian, Italian Restaraunt, Gym, or Ship and Link decide to sell Ukes I can not stop them :p!

Now to plan out my 2 new multi-uke hangers!!!
(He asked me if I would be selling like 4 or 5 at a time... I did not directly answer him... I just told him I was going to hang 2 multi-uke hangers where my t-shirts now hang and they would be like the hanger I currently have in my store. The current hanger holds 7 ;) ... I also have another spot aching for 2 ukes...).

Geeze I am giddy!

That's so awesome!! My family owned a Frozen Yogurt business while I was growing up; I can only imagine how awesome it would have been if we sold ukes!! Good luck, hope everything works out for ya!!

Let me get this straight: You run a store that sells Ice cream and ukuleles? I can't believe that is for real. Sounds total dreamy and fantastic. Wow. Now all you need is to start a strumming circle and everyone will come and buy ice cream before and after.

:smileybounce:Congratulations Mim:smileybounce:

Make sure you test every one of those new ukuleles! It's your duty. I would love to see photos when you get the ukuleles in!

–Lori

That is fantastic! Congratulations!!!!
--G

Sounds pretty sweet! Congrats! Maybe someday you can expand to other uke manufacturers. Please show us pics sometime.

Ummmm, what's the name of your store?
*mental note include Charlotte in US tour!*

Ice cream and ukuleles???!!?

Put a Tron machine in the corner and I will come to your store and never leave.

JJ

Invite Ken Middleton to the ribbon cutting ceremony...

Very cool! Congratulations! If I could add one more thing, it'd be comic books. And cats. But only snooty expensive short hair cats... (Clearly, this is why I do not own my own business.)

I do need to see if I can somehow deal in Kalas too... since I love them so!!!
But I am thinking I can equally love Ohana... sooooo pretty!

Mim's Ukes!
Coming to Charlotte in 4-5 shipping days ... HA!

In the rural Minnesota tradition, you should add small engine repair and chain saw sharpening to the list of services.

Mim is my hero. Ice cream and ukuleles. That is too fantastic for words!

Damn.. I guess im gonna have to move to Charlotte, NC.

Can I please have a double scoop of Cookies and cream.... And oh!!! mind if I try out that Eleuke.. THATS FREAGGIN AWESOME!!!!

I always laughed at my husbands home-town because they had a shop that seriously said:

Family Counseling
and
Guitars

He lived in a very small town on the border or Arizona and Cali smack in the middle of the desert... ugh... I hated visiting the scorching heat! So, I guess they had to multitask. But still, hilarious!

And here I am doing slightly the same thing.

Congrats, Mim!!!!

For everyone else, this is how it works in the South. We have gas stations that double as tanning centers. Why not ice cream shops that sell ukes?

Ukuleles and ice cream, sounds like my dream hangout place. Hope it goes well for you.

Fantastic.
You realise you'll have to have a no-icecreams-in-the-ukulele-section rule? Maybe silicon valley can provide a machine that tests for icrecream residue as people enter the Ukespace.

I had a friend from Texas who told me about drive thru beer and amunition stores. He mighta been extracting the michael..........................

Top Bottom