Ever have a day when...

rogue_wave

Reaction score
You can't play even a fraction of what you could play yesterday?
You fingers won't behave?
Rhythm has totally and completely escaped you?
Strum, what's a strum?

I have been jonesing to come home and play and zone out on the uke all day. When I finally carve a good quiet space out, I can't find it anywhere inside of me. So frustrated now. I was looking to the uke to be a stress reliever today, and now I'm worse off!

Yesterday, I started working on "I'll always see you in my dreams" and was feeling so good about it, some new chords, pretty song that fit really nicely on the Kala tenor. Can hardly make a single chord change today! Jeez.

Uke went back in the case. Can't even look at it. Bummer.

So what do you do to get past it?

Try again tomorrow.

And sometimes I play way better than I thought I could play. I guess that's the "Santana effect" where you are just letting your heart play.

I hate it when that happens whether its the uke or the guitar or whatever... I'll be wanting to decompress on the uke all day and then come home and barely be able to play the simplest songs that I know =P

BTW Good luck getting back into the uke spirit! =]

I understand; it is not much fun. Sounds like you were tired and/or had a lot going on in your mind. Sometimes, I show my ukulele some videos and we pretend to pay along and dream about all of the songs we are going to play...someday. We watch others play and gain new inspiration.

Or, maybe it is just a part of learning.

Try the saxophone.

There you go. Or any other intrument for that mater. I sat down at a piano today. Should be pretty easy right? I mean I know music and I can figure something out if given enough time, but it makes me see the amount of knowledge I've gained on the 'ukulele.

It can be fun to play along with someone on You Tube... pick something easy and fun.
Sometimes I'll just frail along with Patrick Costello, join in with something by Ukulele Mike, Krabbers's Underground song...

Sometimes I'll be practicing as usual within a few minutes; other times I won't. Either way I feel better having had some uke time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom