Could you resist?

rvabdn

Reaction score
Sitting beside my desk is a box. Inside that box is my new Flea. It was delivered at 11.00 this morning but I've not even peaked at it.

I can't really bust it out because I'm in an office full of people and it's not really appropriate. I really want to play it though.

How long could you hold out?

Sitting beside my desk is a box. Inside that box is my new Flea. It was delivered at 11.00 this morning but I've not even peaked at it.

I can't really bust it out because I'm in an office full of people and it's not really appropriate. I really want to play it though.

How long could you hold out?

i'm self-unemployed and i work from home so i don't have that problem.

although... at the moment, it is 630ish in the AM so everyone is asleep... so if for some reason I had a package that I did not tend to, I think busting it out and strumming it right now would be met with much hostility from the wifey... well, depending on what instrument we are talking about.

edit... nevermind... I now know that "strumming" ANY "instrument" next to the wifey this early in the morning will be met with much hostility.

Last edited:
Yah, you know you wanna bust it open and strum a tune or two or three or . . . ya know what I mean.

Just Do It!

Too late for lunch, it's 3 o'clock now. I'm holding out until I get home and I can appreciate it.

You're a better man than I am....

Run to the car and play it! Or nearby park or wherever! Set that Flea free!

I could resist playing it until I got home. Or at least in the car.

But not even opening up the box and looking at it? Man, that's hardcore.

JJ

Keep telling yourself you're doing the right thing. You know it's been on that cold delivery truck for days. Give it a chance to warm up a bit before you hit it with the warm room air. I've given you the excuse, now go with it !
I waited three hours before I opened my Kiwaya box. I know it ain't easy !

I made it! That box sat beside me for 6 hours unopened. I left at five on the dot and opened it at home. Been rockin out for the past couple of hours! It's a cool instrument, very nice to play and worth the wait.

I made it! That box sat beside me for 6 hours unopened. I left at five on the dot and opened it at home. Been rockin out for the past couple of hours! It's a cool instrument, very nice to play and worth the wait.

You have a lot more willpower than I do. When we get a new instrument, we usually open it up in the stairwell of our mail service!

You are stronger than I. I would have marched straight into the restroom with the package, unpacked it there disposing of the box, then sit in the stall on the throne, shut the door, and played a few bars just to get my fix. Then I'd gig bag the flea and sling it on my shoulder and casually walk back to my desk trying not to smile.

Your power of restraint are quite impressive -- I called in sick the day my Mainland was arriving. I guess having the uke delivered to work is a sure way to get you to want to go to work.

Stairwell for sure. . .

My advice would be to unwrap your ukulele, tune it, stand on your desk, and jam out. Your coworkers may be alarmed at first, but don't be put off by this. In the long run, uke exposure is good for them.

My advice would be to unwrap your ukulele, tune it, stand on your desk, and jam out. Your coworkers may be alarmed at first, but don't be put off by this. In the long run, uke exposure is good for them.

I agree, life is too short uke them!!!

Top Bottom