where does this UAS come from

Swampy Steve

Reaction score
I got my Lehua , which I like . Now I start thinking about a beater. flea/or fluke came to mind then the Ohana rb 70 was mentioned. AHHHH, I have the cheaper Fender tenor,,, which I saw Deach has,, he said he has thrown it & it didnt break.

why do I still wnat another?? and which one ,ew
anybody have a rb ,, do they even make it in tenor?

I had UAS really bad around Christmas time, when I finally caught uke fever. I had the tenor that my partner gave to me, but I really wanted a soprano. But once I finally got a soprano that I loved (my Kelii), the UAS has gone away and hasn't resurfaced so far. For me, I know my UAS is directly related to my OCD. Right now, I am totally fixated on finding the perfect strings... is that SAS?

I'll be straight forward about UAS. It is a plot by aliens to take over the world. Once everyone on Earth has a uke they will strum the old My dog has fleas, then the Fleas a race of super tiny aliens will appear and that will be that.

UAS could be lot of things.........The worst one being that a more expensive one will make you play better.

What it does do, at least to me, is that I want to practise, and I want to play, which I think is good.

For UAS I would be interested to try a longneck Lehua soprano, an Ohana Roundback RB 70, an Anue-nue Mango or Mahogany Tenor.

Words of caution:

What I have learned,is that if there is an opportunity to try an instrument out in a shop or at a uke get together, you can make a better choice, when compared to buying over the internet

If you cannot do that, you need to read up, and view Youtube demos of Ukes, to make an "educated" selection.

If the uke arrives in the post, and meets your expectations.............. you will feel good with the uke, and yourself, and UAS can be justified to the board of directors!

Everyone in the world has UAS, some just don't know it. It is kind of laying there waiting to be activated. Once you strum you first ukulele, it comes to life. Next thing you know you wake up in the middle of the night to see if MGM has posted any new ukulele in his store.

There is no cure, but there is some temporary relief from UAS (poverty, angry spouse, ...). Some cases are worse then others. I for example have been playing for a little more then 2 years and have ONLY had in my possesion 7 ukes at one time or another. I currently have 3, but I do have a specific savings account (Uke fund) that is filling up.;)

For me, ukuleles can be addictive due to the amount of pleasure they give in a short period of time.

It is logical to be addicted to ukuleles.

New ukulele = more practice.
More practice = increased skill.
Increased skill = higher self-esteem.
Higher self-esteem = happy.
New ukulele = happy.

I can jump right to "new ukulele = happy" without practicing, but I want to practice - - they are so adorable.

UAS could be lot of things.........The worst one being that a more expensive one will make you play better.

Fortunately, the relative cost of a uke has not tempted me yet. I am currently jonesing over a uke that is cheaper than either of my other (reletively inexpensive) ukes. Of course, if I ever actually play a K-brand that trend may change...

Read my signature, believe me it does no go away when you buy an expensive ukulele. I am always looking for something.
My guitar collection is similar.

Top Bottom