Beautiful Picture

deach

Reaction score
From the Ukulelereview.com website -

winners5.jpg

It's great seeing so many young children getting into ukuleles.

That is awesome! I will be teaching a class at a summer camp here soon. 10 kids and they get to take their ukes home! I'll get pictures and post it once I am back (its in August)

that is just too cute!
yeah, my younger sister had a little ukulele band in elementary school too!

I like that kid in the bottom right with the red sweater, looks like a rock star soloing. It's a nice pic.

And I hope those parents are as encouraging as the teacher though we know how that goes. And hopefully it will inspire in some a love of music and not just lock them into one type of instrument. I got locked into wind instruments. I hope the ones that get bitten by the music bug don't just get locked into strings.

...and I got locked into stringed instruments.... well, for the most part at least. Cello....uke...bass guitar...guitar.... yeah, all stringed. Well.... there is always that tinwhistle...

But yeah... it is great to see a bunch of kids with ukes... I mean... I don't know that many people who play the uke in real life... only one other person... that many kids... all together... with ukes.... wow.

Maybe I should try to get my friend to do some sort of summer clinic a year or two down the road for children... or people in general. Hmm...

the next wave of ukulele players starts from little steps like these.

Top Bottom