oh , no did I screw up buying this?EBay ,

Info no longer available to view.

But for 34 bucks, you can't lose. Even if it's just a pretty decoration.

Wow, I don't know. It is really pretty, but I have a hard time swallowing solid koa for 35 bucks.

But it's pretty, and if it sounds decent then you made a decent buy. It's only 35 bucks. :)

$85 shipping?! Holy steep pricing Batman!!!

But hey, I still stand by the whole if it sounds good it wasn't a rip-off thing.

Sorry to Rain-on-your-parade.... but I've heard nothing but bad stuff about the Vietnames inlay ukes :(
Poor craftsmanship, warps, cracks, ugly inlay work, and etc.
Once you factor in the high shipping... that's $120 for wall art.
If possible, I'd cancel the order and put the $$$ towards an instrument that can be played. IMO a properly set up laminate would probably sound (and play) better.

Oof. In the end it's live and learn I suppose.

Maybe you'll get lucky and score a decent one.

Oof. In the end it's live and learn I suppose.

Maybe you'll get lucky and score a decent one.

Ebay has ways to retract bids, and cancel sales if you made a bidding mistake.
You can even offer to cover the re-listing cost for the seller because you "misread" the listing.
$120 can get you a nice uke nowadays.

Ebay has ways to retract bids, and cancel sales if you made a bidding mistake.
You can even offer to cover the re-listing cost for the seller because you "misread" the listing.
$120 can get you a nice uke nowadays.

Is that newish? A few years ago I put in a bid by mistake and I was told I was out of luck. I'm very careful now.

Is that newish? A few years ago I put in a bid by mistake and I was told I was out of luck. I'm very careful now.

What I did was appologize to the seller saying I made a mistake and asked for a refund minus his listing costs. I made sure to say I'd leave positive feedback.
It was for a $200 watch, and I think he kept $10

What I did was appologize to the seller saying I made a mistake and asked for a refund minus his listing costs. I made sure to say I'd leave positive feedback.
It was for a $200 watch, and I think he kept $10

Maybe I just got a bad seller. I thought I was nice enough and they just kind of told me to eff off and pay.

I just did as Paul described, hope it works,,, Im thinking if he says no way,,,, why couldnt I just pay the 34.& change for the uke,& I will in fact have bought it,,, even if I dont pay to get it shipped to me.

Seems I totally screwed up,,, rather lose 35.00 than 120.00

I just did as Paul described, hope it works,,, Im thinking if he says no way,,,, why couldnt I just pay the 34.& change for the uke,& I will in fact have bought it,,, even if I dont pay to get it shipped to me.

Seems I totally screwed up,,, rather lose 35.00 than 120.00

I hope it works out for you.

The damage limitation idea is understandable.

Just thinking aloud here...

If it is not as described surely you have some recourse through ebay/PayPal... If it is as described, you win.

Whatever you do, I hope it works out for you somehow.

The damage limitation idea is understandable.

Just thinking aloud here...

If it is not as described surely you have some recourse through ebay/PayPal... If it is as described, you win.

Whatever you do, I hope it works out for you somehow.

If I remember correctly...
...the problem with this seller is he doesn't refund shipping cost and might even duduct the original shipping cost which ends up costing $170 to return the $35 uke you spent $120 to get :p
I don't believe PayPal/Ebay helps in this case :mad:

I've never seen any of his ukes, but I saw and played a mandolin, mandola and a guitar. The instruments were beautiful from a distance, but up close were less than desirable.
The mandolin played quite well and sounded good. The mandola did not play or look nearly as good, but had a rich tone. The guitar shaped like a mando was not at all good.
With the market today and ukes available I would not take a chance. If you can not get out of the deal, I would pay for the uke and not take delivery and lose the $35.
I have bought some great looking stick-ons (ebay) that look like inlays to dress up guitars and ukes. Buy a nice sounding uke and go crazy with the stick-ons to get fancy.

Top Bottom