Possible 1 day Ukulele Minifest UK

johncaudrey

Reaction score
THIS EVENT IS NOW CONFIRMED

Details (regularly updated) at the Website: http://www.largerthanlifeuk.com/uke-fest/home.php

Please email us from the website or call to let us know if you are coming!

I'm seriously considering organising a one day ukulele minifest in my home town of Newbury, Berkshire. UK.
I have a reasonable sized rehearsal space in an industrial unit where I run my business
http://www.largerthanlifeuk.com/site/index.php?pid=list&cat=79
I am toying with Sunday 18th April 2010 as a proposed date. So I am really testing the water to see if any UK undergrounders would be interested in attending? it would be great to put some faces to names on here!
I'm guessing the day would feature a several workshops during the day and obviously plenty of time for jamming, trying out each others ukes etc, then maybe an open mike session in the evening or a ukulele band. There would probably be a small charge (approx £5) to cover the room hire and teas and coffes etc.
Reply here or over at UK.lele if you may be interested in coming. PM me if you would like to offer a workshop or would like to perform.

Cheers

John

Last edited:
John

That is the weekend of the Paris Ukulele Bazar. It is a sort of mini festival. I would imagine that a few few UK ukers will be there. I certainly will.

Duly noted Ken! (obviously not doing my homework) I've also just noticed there is an evening ukulele event in Colliers Wood, SW London on the Saturday evening!
I guess I will see what interest there is!
The date is not set in stone by any means but I have to fit it in with my already busy diary.
Being the in the corporate events industry, most of my event work is at weekends!

John

well i am up for what everdate john , i dont have any plans around that time

keep me in the loop

cheers

Very nice idea. I'll be in Southern Italy then, but if you'll go for another date or organize a 2nd mini uke festival, I will try to make it to the UK. I'm very lonesome here in Switzerland without ukulele friends to jam with :-(

Very nice idea. I'll be in Southern Italy then, but if you'll go for another date or organize a 2nd mini uke festival, I will try to make it to the UK. I'm very lonesome here in Switzerland without ukulele friends to jam with :-(

That settles it for me. If Sebi goes, I'm definitely going :bowdown:

Work/wife/life permitting I'd be interested in attending. Not sure I could offer much but I am happy to make tea and learn!

I'm defo interested would be good to put faces to names

It looks like I just need to start some rumours to get people to want to come!
So it's now looking like Jake, Aldrine, Brittni, Dominator, Seeso and....wait.....hold on, Julia Nunes (has just called) are all coming! ;-)

Last edited:
Just noticed this thread - I would be interested, could travel down from Scotland.

I'm interested in attending this event but i can't confirm yet... It just happens to be my wifes birthday that weekend!

Top Bottom