New Martin oxk

lambertnumber5

Reaction score
Does anybody know when the oxk is supposed to be available? I'm looking for something durable to tote around. Any other suggestions would be appreciated too.

Durable eh? Well I'm sure many folks will suggest a Flea (soprano) or a Fluke (Concert or Tenor) for their insane durability. On the much cheaper end of the spectrum, the Makala Dolphins sound really nice when set up properly and are just under $40. If you want something that is of higher quality and super durable I'd say go the flea/fluke way. If you want somethin' cheap that you wont be afraid to beat up on, go with the Dolphin. Hell, for $40 they're a piece of cake to replace :D either way, you can't go wrong. I can't speak for the others in the Makala line, if you are looking for a concert or tenor, but I assume that if you get it set up but either UkeRepublic (Awesome guy to deal with, located on Georgia, so fast east coast shipping...you can tell him that Dusty recommended you) or MGM, you'll probably be just fine.

P.S. You can shoot Mike an email at SailorJim@ukerepublic.com. Just tell him what you are looking for and he will be sure to hook you up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom