Peg Hed tuning pegs

The pros are they are light, well made and well machined and very easy to install. On the downside, they are a bit expensive, the gearing isn't butter-smooth and they have an odd tension adjustment. 4:1 ratio seems adequate. They are a quality tuner and look good on some instruments. I especially like them when combined with some inlay work because they are unobtrusive. Nice, clean look.

Attachments

• mermaid headstock.jpg
    mermaid headstock.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 59
The pros are they are light, well made and well machined and very easy to install. On the downside, they are a bit expensive, the gearing isn't butter-smooth and they have an odd tension adjustment. 4:1 ratio seems adequate. They are a quality tuner and look good on some instruments. I especially like them when combined with some inlay work because they are unobtrusive. Nice, clean look.

Thanks Chuck That really looks good!

Theyre ok I guess. Its nice to have more precision than friction tuners, but two of the four slip a bit! That sucks!

I've used them on my vintage kumalae and I just ordered another set for my first building project. To me, it's the best compromise because it gives you the confort of gear tuning while remaining very light weight. Cost is expensive (70 USD), but if I'm going to spend over 50 hours attempting to build a uke, I think I can spend a few $ extra on tuners I like.

Nice mermaid inlay by the way.

They came on my DaSilva and I am very pleased. Very accurate, little to no slip.
Very cool looking and extremely light.

Theyre ok I guess. Its nice to have more precision than friction tuners, but two of the four slip a bit! That sucks!

They only suck if you don't know how to use them. There is a tension adjustment that is different than any other type of tuner. Once you learn that aspect of pegheds, they perform quite well.

They work great. I have had them for years with no issues. They are super light and easy to use. If they slip, you just push in the head a little and it will create greater tension and solve the problem- no tools, simple!

Love the PegHeds for the reasons Chuck noted in his posts. Bit of $$s, but should last a very long time. Refitted the 2 KoAlohas I play with the PegHeds. Choice on the custom King. Flawless function on the KoAloha KCM-00 for a few years. Real convient when the strings are settling in.

Top Bottom