I Love My Mainland!

ukecantdothat

Reaction score
This sentiment is nothing new here in The Underground, and I've said it before, but boy for the price the Mainland concert (mahogany gloss) sure sounds great in the studio! Here's my latest recording, a rough mix, and with just an AKG C414 set to a figure 8 patern and pointed slightly off axis from the soundhole, and a splash of reverb, I can't be happier with the sound.

Thanks again to hoosierhiver for making affordable ukes that stand up well in the studio!:nana:

Shameless promo time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-Ao_LBBr0

I hit your shameless promo and started dancing with my wife...

Congrats on happiness with your ukulele!

i just got a mainland mahogany tenor and it is AMAZING - my first solid wood one. my god, it sustains and sustains and sustains...

I hit your shameless promo and started dancing with my wife...

Congrats on happiness with your ukulele!

Wow, cool! I hadn't thought of it before, but Greg (the pan player) wrote a pretty good little "hug-your-honey" tune there. I'll tell him!

Thanks for listening!

They're the best. I've got a concert and a tenor, both mahogany gloss and am about to order a soprano in said finish. All I'll like then is a tenor cut-a-way, then I may start on the cedar tops.

My tenor gloss has improved my playing if its possible for a uke to do that or is it that I'm practising more now ;-)

I have too many 'ukuleles but the other night I was asked to do a sound comparo with one 'ukulele being my Mainland pineapple. I hadn't touched it in months (FLUKE my go-to 'ukulele) so when I brought the Mainland out I was pleasantly reminded how wonderful it sounds, definitely a keeper.

I love my Mainland Concert. So pretty and such a beautiful sound. Got another Mainland in the works too... this time a Pineapple Mahogany.

two thumb up!

I got a Mainland Tenor a month or so ago. It is now opening up and just sounds great. The problem with Mainland is they are at such a great price point that they are close to impossible to beat. I've played guitar for years and the set-up and fret-work on my tenor is second to none.

It I want to "move up" from a Mainland it is going to cost my two to three times as much. I also have tow girls and I bring my uke to class, I teach fourth grade, and the idea of bringing a 1,000 dollar uke to school is just no going to happen

Mainland's be such high quality at such a low price makes them less stressful to deal with and MORE FUN.

The only thing that kept me from getting a Mainland months ago was the rope binding. Now, my friend's bushman look naked without it and not in a good way. I am so digging the binding. I was waiting on a Plain-Jane model, but now I am just not sure. Maybe Mango Concert, or a Mahogany Concert, or Red Cedar....or a Pineapple.... Red Cedar or Mango, or or or or

david

I've got a red cedar concert in my lap even as I type this. They are a really pretty amazing buy for the money.

It's super playable. Looks great and has a really loud and brassy sound all its own. I'm sold.

I've got a red cedar concert in my lap even as I type this. They are a really pretty amazing buy for the money.

It's super playable. Looks great and has a really loud and brassy sound all its own. I'm sold.

Have you gotten to compare it to Mahogany Concert? I am having the HARDEST time choosing which one it next.

Have you gotten to compare it to Mahogany Concert? I am having the HARDEST time choosing which one it next.

No I haven't had the chance to play a mahogany concert yet. I do think it's actually a bit louder than my Koaloha though. A bit less sustain, but it's got a very nice ringing tone to it where the Koaloha is much smoother and mellifluous. It's a nice one for the fingerstyle stuff. Really crisp attack and a nice fast neck. I'll be interested to see how it opens up over time and playing. I'm really digging it as tonal option for some things I've been messing around with.

Top Bottom