pet peeves about your occupation?

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
i work in a cardiology clinic, performing nuclear cardiac perfusion studies. so basically ive got a patient, a camera, and a procedure. for the record, i love what i do, but there are just some things that get on my nerves. hahaha... hope you get a laugh out of these. and lets hear some of yours.

PP#1
me: ok just lie down on the table and ill take care of the rest
pt: want me to take my clothes off?
me: no, just lie down on the table
pt: what about my shoes?
me: no, just lie down on the table
pt: ok, well i should probably leave my cell phone with my wife/husband in the waiting room
me: no need, just lie down. if there is anything i need done, ill let you know.
pt: ok so you want me to lie down now?
i swear this happens at least once a day.

PP#2
this is more funny to me than anything. but it just makes me wonder "why???"...

patient comes into the camera room there is a desk with a computer on it, and patient charts all over it, and a nice office chair in front of it. so, i would think, obviously there is work being done there by someone sitting in that chair. so why do patients automatically just lay their stuff on my chair as soon as they walk in? hahaha. and its not even like hanging their coat on the back rest. its leaving the three bags of whatever they brought with them on the seat of my chair hahahaha.

PP#3
-i call a patient's name in the waiting room.
-a patient stands up
-i ask them to follow me
-verify patient's identity by name and birth date
-its not the patient i called
-the names arent even similar
-"why did you stand up when i called someone else's name out???", says me
-"i wanted to be seen right away", says pt
-"do you realize how dangerous what you did is? what if i didnt verify your identity? i could have gotten started on a procedure that could potentially kill you because it was tailored to the patient i was looking for", says i
-"oh i didnt realize that. im sorry. but since im here, can you just take me now?"
-"no. you will need to wait your turn when i am ready for you. please have a seat in the waiting room until your name is called"

haha you and i have similar jobs, we have to be patient all day.i coach gymnastics to little kids from the ages 3-16. the 15+ yr range is fine, the 3-14 year range SUCKS!

i tell this one girl that shouldnt even be in my class to begin with (i teach intermediate trampoline and tumble, and she is more like a beginner tramp) and i tell her to do a handstand hop to a forward roll, simple in my class. but she gives me this look like she doesnt know what the hell i was saying.

her: "so you mean like, i go to a handstand....hop...and forward roll out of it????"
Me: ".....yes......thats exactly what i just said"
her: " are you sure its a handstan-"
Me: *cuts her off* "i said what i said and please do the handstand hop forward roll."

my assist. coach and i had to switch off every 5 mins to teach her because she was worse that a 4 year old.

another one is when i coach, the same class, and i have a 13 yr old that talks non-stop. tell her to stretch and shut up....end up making the whole class do 30 mins of conditioning because of her lack of listening and shutting the face.

but the best of my pet peeves is when i teach the little kids (3-5) and they totally tune out when you're going over the circuit or when they are actually doing the circuit and they tune out on it, watching the other classes do gymnastics. its cute in a way, yet it get to me every time.

"she is more like a beginner tramp"...lol

haha you and i have similar jobs, we have to be patient all day.i coach gymnastics to little kids from the ages 3-16. the 15+ yr range is fine, the 3-14 year range SUCKS!

i tell this one girl that shouldnt even be in my class to begin with (i teach intermediate trampoline and tumble, and she is more like a beginner tramp) and i tell her to do a handstand hop to a forward roll, simple in my class. but she gives me this look like she doesnt know what the hell i was saying.

her: "so you mean like, i go to a handstand....hop...and forward roll out of it????"
Me: ".....yes......thats exactly what i just said"
her: " are you sure its a handstan-"
Me: *cuts her off* "i said what i said and please do the handstand hop forward roll."

my assist. coach and i had to switch off every 5 mins to teach her because she was worse that a 4 year old.

another one is when i coach, the same class, and i have a 13 yr old that talks non-stop. tell her to stretch and shut up....end up making the whole class do 30 mins of conditioning because of her lack of listening and shutting the face.

but the best of my pet peeves is when i teach the little kids (3-5) and they totally tune out when you're going over the circuit or when they are actually doing the circuit and they tune out on it, watching the other classes do gymnastics. its cute in a way, yet it get to me every time.

haha beginner TRAMP i was laughing at that too. i feel sorry for u nuke, i think i would be irritated also. i work at a park with kids and some of them deserve some slaps. act so stupid and make like they all tough and start picking fights with other people.

yah you can expect behaviour like that from children. all my patients are full grown adults. hahaha

My pet peeves as a union electrician are...

I'm working, and someone starts talking to me in spanish. I tell them I don't speak spanish, then they look at me in disgust, like I just disrespected the whole mexican/el salvadorean etc.., race. I raise my safety glasses, and say, look, my eyes are slanted, I'm a chino. chino=chinese, or any asian/pacific islander. They start laughing walk away muttering something derogetory, only to find me yelling stuff back. Little do they know, I can hold my own with spanish bad words, and I'm learning spanish too. And no, I'm not racist, everyone has a right to speak whatever language they want. I just get typecast I guess because I got a shaved head, I'm brown, damn...I guess I fit the bill.

Last one is, it's a little sick.

But, when you hear the horn blaring, and it's break time. The roach coach pulls up. You fight the urge to not eat there. But it smells so good. So I go and order my tres tacos de asade con todo y crema. That's three steak tacos with sour cream, it's all so good. Then you know that as good as it is, later you got the squirts, and you got to use those dirty !@#$ outhouses. But the next day you do it all again. Lol!!!!

funky, i have the same prob as you... brown... bald hahaha. i even get stopped at walmart by people asking me questions about merchandise in spanish... im not even wearing a blue shirt! hahaha.

actually there was this one time here at work. a little old mexican lady that spoke no english came in to have a test done as one of my patients. she started speaking to me in spanish. when i did my best impression of a spanish-speaking american and told her that i did not speak spanish, she starts going off on me about how i should know how to speak spanish, blah blah blah. hahaha. so i recited something that a good friend of mine taught me (he's mexican)... "tu es en estados unidos. hablando ingles solamente." hahaha.

now that ive been working here for about two years, because of the percentage of spanish-only patients i get, my spanish has improved greatly.

and just as a disclaimer, no i am not racist... i hate everyone equally.

but seriously, ive been on both sides of the fence. when i was sent to school in the philippines, the locals told me that i was in THEIR country. so they shouldnt have be tripping over themselves trying to speak to me in english so i understand what the heck is going on... i should at least be able to understand. well within two years, i was fluent in tagalog.

and just as a disclaimer, no i am not racist... i hate everyone equally.

haha good one. i hate getting calls from telemarketers about talking to relatives in the philippines and then start talking to me in filipino. and i tell them i can't speak filipino and they keep talking in filipino.

i also hate mom's who bring their kids and dont watch them. im teaching a class, and one of the mom's is making the craft that im teaching, along with one of her sons while her other son goes off and does his own thing, potentially getting hurt. and im expecting her to do something cuz hes not in my class so i shouldn't have to worry about him.

Attachments

• ukestraps.jpg
    ukestraps.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 24145_383143676620_3471637_n.jpg
    24145_383143676620_3471637_n.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 27
  • SSStewartbanjo.jpg
    SSStewartbanjo.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02029.JPG
    DSC02029.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Banjo-ette3.jpg
    Banjo-ette3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 22
  • banjolelefromjimmy.jpg
    banjolelefromjimmy.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 29
  • jimuke.jpg
    jimuke.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 125
  • David N.'s Banjolele.jpg
    David N.'s Banjolele.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 30
  • banjosfront.jpg
    banjosfront.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 22
  • banjosback.jpg
    banjosback.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Cebu front.jpg
    Cebu front.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Cebu.jpg
    Cebu.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 19
ok ok.. I need to get in on this.. so far I haven't seen anyone discuss working in a computer field.. IT industry.. Help Desk.. omg.. if I had a nickel for all the stupid things I've had to deal with... I won't even get into the more recent stuff.. let me go back to college when I used to work for the computer center.. working in the computer labs...

story #1... this one is simple.. So I'm walking up and down the aisles of the computer lab.. making sure everyone's ok... Now first off.. as with most computer labs, we don't allow food in the labs for obvious reasons.. So what do I find, I see this girl with a cup of coffee. Where? Well I see the CD tray open and the cup of coffee is sitting on the CD tray.."I thought it was a cup holder"...

story #2... Remember the old Mac G2's or G3's? the teal towers.. Anyways.. around that time, they stopped putting floppy drives in the system themselves and instead made the drives external, and instead put Zip drives(larger disks) in the tower. So this user calls my supervisor over wondering why she can't read her floppy..

Supervisor: did you put the disk in?
User: of course
Supervisor: (looks at external floppy drive.. empty) are you sure ma'am?
User: yes.. I put it right here...
Supervisor: (looks at Zip drive and sees 2 floppy disks jammed into the drive)
User: Well it wasn't reading the disk, so I thought if I put a second disk in, it would push the first disk onto the reader...

sigh... and that was the beginning of my computer career.. thank god I'm leaving it to be a chef haha...

"thank god I'm leaving it to be a chef haha.."

bahahaha!!! i love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6
I generally don't have any pet peeves in my job other than the basic stuff that goes along with working for the evil empire. I guess my biggest pet peeve is that I only get to play video games about 10 hours a week. could be worse, I suppose... :)

story #1... this one is simple.. So I'm walking up and down the aisles of the computer lab.. making sure everyone's ok... Now first off.. as with most computer labs, we don't allow food in the labs for obvious reasons.. So what do I find, I see this girl with a cup of coffee. Where? Well I see the CD tray open and the cup of coffee is sitting on the CD tray.."I thought it was a cup holder"...

haha cup holder. thats hilarious.

I generally don't have any pet peeves in my job other than the basic stuff that goes along with working for the evil empire. I guess my biggest pet peeve is that I only get to play video games about 10 hours a week. could be worse, I suppose... :)

thats not a pet peeve lol.

Attachments

• George-Formby.jpg
    George-Formby.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 3
its some what comforting to see that people all over the word suffer the same irritations when it comes to customer/client/patient based work...I'm an orthopaedic tech in the uk and over here litigation culture is really kicking in hard , I actually had to attend a meeting to answer a complaint a patient had made because they found the treatment of their smashed ankle painful?!?!? no s*** sherlock! and nuke....that conversation.... shoes, etc ....made me laugh out loud....if only it wasnt so true!!

Last edited:
I actually had to attend a meeting to answer a complaint a patient had made because they found the treatment of their smashed ankle painful?!?!? no s*** sherlock!

hahaha i feel you bud. my patients have to lie on my camera for about half and hour with their hands above their head. for an 80 year old, its not the most comfy position. so when i got this little 80 yr old filipino dude off the camera once his scan was done, the mofo gut-punches me and accuses me of not being a good filipino and just being out to hurt my fellow men.

now, keep in mind that the dude was 80. so his sorry attempt at an uppercut to my solar plexus didnt even tickle me. nonetheless i was shocked that it all went down like that hahaha. no respect.

Attachments

• Rose1.JPG
    Rose1.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Rose2.JPG
    Rose2.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Rose3.JPG
    Rose3.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Rose4.JPG
    Rose4.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Rose5.JPG
    Rose5.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
Well because I go to school I have a part time job at Mens Wearhouse (Yes they spell it that way), as a cashier ringing up suits and what not.

My pet peeves come from my coworkers because I basically do majority of the work. My boss never asks anybody but me to do work so while they sit down and mess around I'm thinking to myself "I hate this." I might just go find another waiter job :eek:

hahaha i feel you bud. my patients have to lie on my camera for about half and hour with their hands above their head. for an 80 year old, its not the most comfy position. so when i got this little 80 yr old filipino dude off the camera once his scan was done, the mofo gut-punches me and accuses me of not being a good filipino and just being out to hurt my fellow men.

now, keep in mind that the dude was 80. so his sorry attempt at an uppercut to my solar plexus didnt even tickle me. nonetheless i was shocked that it all went down like that hahaha. no respect.

That is freakin hilarious.

Attachments

• Uke & Pineapple.jpg
    Uke & Pineapple.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 93
ok, I did actually figure out a real pet peeve. As an employee of Microsoft, with something like 50,000 employees, and probably more worldwide, we occasionally get emails where someone accidentally sends to an email alias something like "All Employees". This is usually by accident, but then the morons come out of the woodwork. You know, when I joined Xbox, I revered that Microsoft takes great pride in only hiring the best minds. When an accidental email to everyone gets out, the fun begins.

1. Please remove me from this group.
2. Me too
3. Me too
4. - 6000. Me too
6001. Everyone, please stop "replying all". You are only adding to the madness.
6002-6050. Me too.
6021, 6026, 6035-6049: "Jesus, everyone! Don't you realize that replying all to your "me too" is only adding to the problem?"
6050-20000: ME TOO. You are breaking my inbox, stop!, ect, etc.

There was a very internal famous incident that went pretty much like this in about 2002 or 2003. It overwhelmed Microsoft's email system and basically shut all of our email systems down for like 1-2 days.

My favorite reply was from a then-VP. You know, VP's are supposed to be smart and all that. He ALSO REPLIED ALL with the following great wisdom:

Re: There are days and there are days

There are days I sit back in meetings after seeing people come up with great solutions to very hard problems and wonder how in the world we could be so lucky to have so many smart people working in this great company of ours… In fact, I sometimes doubt my own abilities and should I even be here based on how smart the people are around me. Most of the time I don’t even feel worthy of being in their presence…

Then there are days where I see the below… and I know I deserve to be here… if nothing else to send out emails like this.

Use: http://xxxx please to remove yourself from the alias… geeezzz….

Brian

PS: Thanks for making me feel worthy…

[FONT=&quot]-----Original Message-----
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Me too...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-----Original Message-----[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me too….[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Me too please[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Me too thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-----Message d'origine-----[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me too.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]do the same for me please.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-----Message d'origine-----[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please remove me from the appropriate user communities as I know longer support the account that this was set up for.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]XIT Support is currently engaging this issue now. Will let you know when resolved.

Thanks

XITSUP[/FONT]

-----Original Message-----

haha nuke your first story is funny enough lol but anyways i used to be japanese chef n sometimes i would get weird customers cuz u see i work in a japanese restaurant COMPRENDE JAPANESE sometimes people will be asking for hamburgers n fries u know i'll just be like why don't you go mcdonalds, its more cheaper

Top Bottom