The new UAS diet; Custom Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, and Sceptre

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
After my latest bout with UAS, I have found that in addition to getting some awesome ukes, there is an added benefit. Since I can no longer afford to eat, I fully expect to be able to drop the 10 extra pounds that I have packed on since last summer.(someone should pass this on to haolejohn when he comes back from his self imposed exile). A chronological explanation is in order.

In January, I purchased a ukelyptus Concert Fluke from MGM with pegheads after he got back from NAMM, with the intention of having it customized by a guy that has done some pinstriping on my pickup truck for me. It was shipped straight to Florida from Hawaii, and I just got it back here on the Cape. Until today, I hadn't seen what he had done to it. I had him paint a position dot at the 10th fret to match all of my other ukes. No name yet.

In the meantime, I was seriously looking at purchasing either a Pineapple Sunday, concert Sceptre, or perhaps the new Hapa concert from KoAloha. I even posted a couple of threads asking for advice from all of you regarding the differences and your preferences. When I called Brian at KoAloha to inquire about the Hapa concert, he told me that they had a Sceptre in the shop that was a second, and he would email me some pics. Wow, it was just gorgeous! The problem was that I was going to bid on this Pineapple Sunday that was on ebay that night. And lo and behold, I was the winning bidder! When I called Brian back the next day to tell him that I had won the PS, UAS reared its ugly head and I just couldn't say no. I told him that eating was overrated. In the end, I ended up paying less for the two KoAlohas than the retail of a new PS.

So now I am off to play my new ukes, but which one I don't know:) I have named my Pineapple Sunday Sweet Pea for her beautiful crystaline voice(thanks for the adjective George), and her velvety feel. And I am calling my Sceptre D'Artagnon, because he is young, brash, loud and swashbuckling. I need to live with my Fluke for a while before he or she gets a name.
In the meantime, enjoy the pics. Is anyone else besides me getting hungry?

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 029.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 029.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 034.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 034.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 030.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 030.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 47
Pineapple Sunday pics

Attachments

• Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 008.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 008.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 35
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 011.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 011.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 015.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 015.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 017.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 017.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 016.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 016.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 30
cocert Sceptre pics

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 40
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 007.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 007.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 003.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 003.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 022.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 022.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 024.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 024.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
Awesome D! They look fantastic. Great names by the way. Love the Fluke, love the Pineapple Sunday (as a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday over-indulger I feel that I'm a bit of a connoisseur of these of late) and I'm very jealous of your Sceptre! :)

You have done well my friend. Congratulations on them, happy strumming.

That Sceptre looks awsome!! Why is it a second? I have ussually heard very minor things for Koaloha seconds but great savings.

I tried to get a picture of the very small ding in the last photo. You can just see it on the upper point on the left. The savings were substantial.

Super jealous of that Sceptre. I am in the market for a Sceptre with a nice grain like that. You are lucky, my friend!

Nice collection dk. Love that paint job on the Fluke.

I think UAS is the fault of everyone on this forum that posts pictures, if no one posted pictures of such beautiful instruments it wouldn't encourage us all. ./sigh time to go research a nice Koaloha,

Congrats. The grain on that sceptre is beautiful.

awesome DK!! Nice buys. I'm lovin the Fluke, it looks badass!!

Wow you got the triple crown!!! Congrats!! Love that Fluke also love that Pineapple Sunday and I love that Scepter!!!

Top Bottom