"Made in" stickers

rock_and_roll_camera

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know why but I was thinking about the sticker on the back of my Kala's headstock and wondered if anybody actually keeps them on? Mine is gold and tacky and says made in China, so I took it off as I thought it made the instrument look cheap and just didn't fit in with the whole feel of it. If it said made in Hawaii however, then I think I'd keep that one on!? Just a stupid thought really but just got wondering what everybody's thoughts are on these?

Yeah if i ever get anything that says "made in china" on it i try to remove it, without leaving half a sticker on there that you then try to scratch off and end up scratching the thing. Luckily my uke just has a label that says made in hawaii. I love hawaii so i support it each and every way i can even if it costs me a little more.<3.

Nothing wrong with "Made in China". Where instruments are concerned China is the new Japan: real quality control is becoming the norm.

That said, I always remove any nasty, tacky little stickers of that kind - and would do so even if the sticker specified the origin as being Britain, USA, Australia or Hawaii. The made-in info is often on the instrument's internal label anyway.

Interesting topic.
I noticed that I kept my "Made In Japan" sticker on my Northern JCD2 (made in... Japan) that my father bought me in the mid 70's. I also noticed that that sticker on the back of the headstock is usually always there, on ePay auctions for that uke.

Yeah if i ever get anything that says "made in china" on it i try to remove it, without leaving half a sticker on there that you then try to scratch off and end up scratching the thing. Luckily my uke just has a label that says made in hawaii. I love hawaii so i support it each and every way i can even if it costs me a little more.<3.

I agree 100%!!! :agree::agree::agree:

Nothing wrong with "Made in China". Where instruments are concerned China is the new Japan: real quality control is becoming the norm.

I thought Korea was the new Japan, and China the new Korea, and Indonesia the new... oh never mind.

FYI a little WD-40 will dissolve the adhesive residue from stickers without harming the finish of 'ukulele, just put a little squirt on a paper towel and rub gently, never use your nails.

Last edited:
Hey my one word
TOYOTA

lol

(oh apparently my message needs to be at least 10 characters... but I have nothing more to add... hmmm.... hey hum)

.... oh hang on yes. The stickers do look pretty bad, if it was lasered in different layers of wood and had a cool logo maybe, but I can't be proud of a cheap golden sticker that looks like it came off one of my oranges.

Last edited:
Hey, nothing wrong with Orange stickers. I like to take the little "cuties" stickers and apply them
to, well, just about any smooth, solid surface (no body parts!).

Since they tend to be self-adhesive, and in bright colors, I think they add a bit of flair (until
people recognize that they are fruit stickers).

Hey, 'anything' to make the plain black cases a bit more colorful.

I always take them off. I just don't like those small stickers. Same thing with the QC passed stickers

And sometimes, in their place, I'll put a big sticker on the instrument...because I do love cool stickers. :)

I have one stamped "Nazareth, Pa.," which I marked out with a sharpie.
I mean, who would buy an old Palestinian ukulele, anyway?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::biglaugh:

I thought Korea was the new Japan, and China the new Korea,

Lol, if Korea's the "new Japan", what's Japan upgraded to?
But yeah Korea's doing really well with technology and quality, being leaders in some fields (such as LCD).
Not in ukes though, sadly :(

As for the "Made in" stickers. I generally take them off. They get in the way of the uke's aesthetics.
I won't have to worry about inside stickers though. My acoustic uke has narrow F-holes, and the rest of my collection are electrics :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom