FS: Brand New Lanikai LK-1C Concert made by Kanile'a <<SOLD>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeskywalker79

Reaction score
Wow I hate to do this and I can remember not too long ago trying to convince member Mokai not to sell his. I have a new found interest in taking up guitar so I am thinning out my collection. I am selling a brand new unplayed Lanikai LK-1C Concert size uke. This was made in limited runs by Kanile'a for Lanikai back in 2007. This is pretty much like a Kanile'a K1 Concert minus the newer bracing. This is the ONLY Lanikai made in Hawaii unlike their other products which are imports. This is practically a Kanile'a without the hefty price tag. Many of you are probably wondering how this is brand new and unplayed. This is my second LK and it was the first one that I had an opportunity to play. Here are the details.

I orignally bought the first Lanikai through and authorized online dealer. Pictures of that particular uke can be seen if you click on my profile. It had a darker finished koa. I played it a few days and the sound was beautiful. I was very happy however upon further inspection I noticed a few things I was not too happy about. A few of the fret edges were not filed properly leaving some rough edges. There was unfinished gloss along the sides of the fingerboard and there was gloss overspray on the bridge. I was assured from the authorized dealer that this was an "A stock" and not a "B stock" which I felt like it was. I decided to e-mail Lanikai and voice my concern with them. They had decided to replace the uke entirely with a brand new one straight from there warehouse. I was shocked that they had any left and I was even more shocked that they were going to replace it with a brand new one. I gladly accepted. :)

The new one arrived and it was everything I had asked for. The finish on the new one is FLAWLESS. Since I spent some time with the original one I had an idea how this one would sound. I immediately took it out of the box and stored it in a properly humidified case. It has been sitting in my closet since day one. Ocassionally I would take a peek at it to admire its beauty but never once have I played or even tuned this thing. Its a shame but I'd like to pass this on to someone in the community who will play this uke like it was intented. :)

Details:
All Solid Koa
Ebony Fingerboard and Bridge
Nubone Nut and Saddle
Grover precision open tuners
Factory strung with Aquilas
-I will also include the case as pictures along with a herco humidifier.

My asking price is SOLD. This will include tracking and insurance. Sorry but I am not interested in any trades at this time. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to answer them. If you would like more photos plese let me know. Thanks everyone!!!

In these photos you will notice this uke has a lighter/blonde finish to the koa unlike the darker finish in my profile pics.

img4136m.jpg

img4144u.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful! I can't afford it, but it'll make someone else a very happy camper....

I have a Lanikai LK-1S - this is a great deal on a great uke - I'm not in the market, but wanted to throw out there that my Lanikai LK-1S is every bit the quality of my Kanile'a K1-S - it is everything a Kanile'a is but the name and the price!

I too have a Lanikai LK-1s and I want to say that this line is fantastic. These ukes were made by Kanilea for Lanikai. I was playing my LK-1s last night and noticed how loud it's getting as it opens up. The tone is also warm and buttery, truly wonderful. I would recommend these ukes to anyone!

I too have a Lanikai LK-1s and I want to say that this line is fantastic. These ukes were made by Kanilea for Lanikai. I was playing my LK-1s last night and noticed how loud it's getting as it opens up. The tone is also warm and buttery, truly wonderful. I would recommend these ukes to anyone!

You guys are killing me, here. Kanilea has always been my favorite "K" brand (based entirely on looks; I've never played any of them). Concert is my favorite size. I had no idea Kanilea had made these ukes for Lanikai. No way I can afford this. Is there any pain like unrequited UAS?

Thanks to all the LK owners for their input. I am open to negotiations on my asking price but please keep in mind the rarity of this series. I would love for this to stay within the community.

Lowered price again. I cannot go below $500. If this doesn't sell I will just keep it. :D I already have a hard time putting it up for sale.Reduced and final price is $520 SHIPPED anywhere within the United States. :) International buyers will pay additional costs to ship out of the country.

I would be interested in purchasing this, but I don't yet have the funds to sufficiently pay up front. If it has not sold when I do, would it be possible for me to purchase it from you? HEY! that rhymed.

Sure Mike you can purchase whenever you get a chance. You're a poet and you didn't even know it!!!! HEY that rhymes as well :D

BTW the pictured don't do this Uke any justice. It has a high UV gloss finish which looks beautiful in person. Wish I had a DSLR to take some real photos :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom