Eleuke Battery and pick up

luckyends

Reaction score
After scowering the forum a bit and also the surrounding rest of the internet, I thought i would just flat out ask

I have been looking at the eleuke for a while and have finally decided that i should actually get one, there are only 2 things standing in my way.

One is does it require a battery even when you have it plugged into an amp? such as a big one that plugs into the wall

and number two, it says it has a custom pickup. I am wondering what should be done if it breaks, would i be able to take it into a music store and have them fix it or would the instrument just be useless at that point.

Please direct me to another thread if there is already this info

Thanks so much

The battery is actually FOR plugging into a big amp that plugs into a wall, and it's a good thing. The eleuke has an active pickup, instead of a passive one. The battery allows you to plug straight into an amp instead of having to route through a pre-amp. As for the pickup itself, I imagine it could be fixed or replaced without too much trouble.

My Eleuke came with a battery so you don't need to buy one and when you do it is a standard PP3 9 Volt. I think the pickup is a fairly standard undersaddle Piezo so would be easyish to replace. Go on, get one! They're actually pretty good, I run mine through a Roland MicroCube and get a wide variety of sounds. The bridge will almost certainly need a small amount of adjustment though as the strings have a tendency to come out of the very shallow slots, especially if you play through a distortion box and bend the strings.

Hope that helps,
Ian.

They use those rectangular, 9v batteries that you put in smoke alarms.
It comes with one included, though I changed it for my own Alkaline battery right after receiving it.

Active electronics has its advantages over passive. You don't have to change the battery much. I've used it a lot for several months on the first battery, and it's fine.
I read on a website that you should only need to change the battery once a year or something, depending on how much you use it.

If it breaks, I think Eleukeusa has a warranty or repair policy. I guess you'll send it to them. Contacting them is the fastest way to find out.

If it breaks, I think Eleukeusa has a warranty or repair policy. I guess you'll send it to them. Contacting them is the fastest way to find out.

There is a warranty on the electonics, one year. Contact the seller of the Uke and they should take care of by sending it back for repair or replacement.

Let us know if you any other questions.

Top Bottom