Ukuleles in the Southeast

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I'm trying to see if there is an interest in holding a uke Jam for us ukers in the GA, NC , SC region. If you would be interested in attending and want to be added to our jam e-mail list, go to this link http://www.charlestonhotshots.com/south-east-jam-signup and let me know. I'll keep you in the loop. If there is an interest I'll try and find a central location for us to meet.

what we need is a big uke festival! a one or two day ukulele extravaganza! i'd go to that! get some talented headliners to come in. get some big time sponsors--koaloha, kala, lanikai, aquila, etc. vendors, bounce houses for the kids, the works! workshops to improve our skill levels, luthier workshops, you name it!!!

Make it happen and I'm in!

I'd be there from either location.
Douglasville GA/Black Mountain NC

i'm in the south east:).....of the uk:(

Update to the Spring Jam

Hi everyone, here were we stand with the spring Uke Jam I've named the CUKEOUT.

We are planning to have a Cukeout at the Lake Greenwood State Recreation Area on Saturday April 10, 2010. Everyone is invited.

We are in the process of reserving a Shelter on the Lake. Camp sites are available to reserve . As of February 28th there were 47 sites available from $20- $23 a night and a primitive group site (must have a tent) for $10.

The Jam and cookout starts at 10am and goes until the park closes to the public 6:30 PM.
It's bring you own food and drink and a bundle of wood for the fire. If everyone donates a few dollars then we have the shelter covered.

More info here:
http://sites.google.com/a/charlestonhotshots.com/www/cukeout-2010

Please e-mail me at ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com and let me know if you are interested in attending and I will move forward with reserving the shelter.

What are the camping sites like? When I think of camping, I automatically think, "must have a tent," but you list needing a tent separately.
*curious*

They have 1 primitive group site that is tents only. The rest of the sites are multipurpose sites Popups, tents and RV's.

What are the camping sites like? When I think of camping, I automatically think, "must have a tent," but you list needing a tent separately.
*curious*

Bunny if I am assuming correctly, usually stateparks and other campgrounds have developed campsites that are for campers and what not. Then there are seperate sites that are called "primative" which a camper will need a tent for. It is to provide the sense of wilderness camping without actually being in the wilderness. Does that make sense?

ugh...The date is no good for me:(
Oh well, have fun you guys...I'll catch you next time.

I wanted to give an update to this thread. I've had a lot of inquires about the Cukeout on April 10th at Lake Greenwood. I just checked and there are still 16 campsites for the 9th and 10th. You can click here to get to the reservation screen.

We'll have a swap/sell table, a raffle for a 4 uke wall hanger and a PA for an open mic show. I'm going to record the open mic and post the songs to share among us. There'll be grills at the shelter so bring some charcoal, dogs/burgers and drink or what ever you need to keep playing strong. I think we are going to have a strong showing of Southeastern Uke Players, non-uke playing friends are welcome. Nalala, will be there to round out the sounds with her Bucket Bass. Drop me PM here or at ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com line if you have any questions!!

Cukeout

Top Bottom