Just a quick heads up about the Undies Tomorrow

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
There was an earthquake of the coast of Chile tonight and the state of Hawaii is currently under a Tsunami Advisory. We will know by tomorrow if there is one coming our way. I doubt it, but in the unlikely event that it does hit us, the Undies will be postponed due to the fact that Larry's Music is about 200 yards from the Beach.

I heard about the earthquake in Chile, but didn't realize that it could actually release a tsunami. If the Undies have to be postponed, well, then that's how it is. All I wish for is for you guys to stay safe. The popcorn won't go bad :)

I heard about the earthquake in Chile, but didn't realize that it could actually release a tsunami. If the Undies have to be postponed, well, then that's how it is. All I wish for is for you guys to stay safe. The popcorn won't go bad :)

I guess the advisory is due to the fact that the last major tsunami in Hawaii started off the coast of South America. http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/1994/94_05_20.html

Yeah i recall a few times when in hawaii and there's an earquake anywhere in the pacific getting the little warning scroll across the bottom of the tv, with tsunami warnings. Fingers crossed it's only a warning.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those in Chile affected by the earthquake, from the UU community. Hopefully, a Tsunami never materializes, for everybody's sake. If there are any UU members from Chile, I'm sure that the Undies will put a smile on their face in the midst of a difficult time. Hopefully the Undies will go on as scheduled.

Might be a nice day for you guys to drive up Waimea Canyon. Hope it's not that big of a deal. Good luck.

Good luck to all of our UU friends in Hawaii. Stay safe.

Ok heres the update. We're under, with all the state, a tsunami warning which means there is one coming. However we don't know for sure how big it will be until it hits the Big Island. Current predictions are not very big, around 6ft, but a tsunami is different than a regular wave. It has no breaks or crests, it's more like just a giant wall of water which is why its that much more dangerous.

Larry's music is located about 200 yards from the ocean on the East side which is the coast that would get hit.

We're not announcing a postponement of the Undies yet... We'll know how bad the tsunami is around 11:00-11:30am when its scheduled to hit Hilo. Kauai were the UU guys are is on the western end of Hawaii so we'll be last to be hit.

Fingers crossed it not big and we can still go do it, if not we'll reschedule the show.

Top Bottom