electronic songbook for your headstock

leftovermagic84

Reaction score
We have an app on our iPhones called MySongbook that's very similar. It's great!

You can load songs from Chordie.com into it, and it has a lot of the same functions, e.g. transposing and chord diagrams. Plus the songs are editable, which can be handy.

But I don't think I'd want to clip it to my uke headstock. :)

Last edited:
I used to have a small clip mounted on my banjo body, with an extendable radio antenna shaft. It held a 3x5 card with the music on it. Worked great.

Also every band instrument has a mount for a lyre built onto it.

Low tech works also.

From the FAQ:

Q: I play bass, ukelele, violin, piano, saxophone (insert instrument of choice here!) – will you have one that I can use?

A: Yes we will. We will be customising i-tabs to suit different instruments and different types of notation over the next few months. We are alos bringing out some larger units to suit different applications, particularly full score. Watch the site and press for launch details.

I think the guitar one would be fine though, maybe not so much on a soprano, but a concert upwards with strap... I think that this would be a perfect accessory for gigs, if only it had a built in tuner...

I think the guitar one would be fine though, maybe not so much on a soprano, but a concert upwards with strap... I think that this would be a perfect accessory for gigs, if only it had a built in tuner...

If an ipod touch can do this already, that could serve as a tuner too, I know it's way more complicated than a notecard, but the idea of taking an entire songbook along in your pocket just makes the portability of the uke that much more awesome

I love the MySongbook app for iPhone! Occasionally I'll clamp my iPhone to my headstock with a Gorillapod (flexible mini-tripod clamp thingy) to make "Uke-Cam" videos. But extra weight on the headstock is pretty noticeable... I wouldn't want to have the extra weight up there all the time.

I wonder, will it play real tabs, or just lyrics and chord names?

It has backing tracks in it as well as lyrics and chords.... a one man band in your shirt pocket.

Lyrics and chords are fine for strummers, but won't be much use to fingerstyle players.

I love the MySongbook app for iPhone! Occasionally I'll clamp my iPhone to my headstock with a Gorillapod (flexible mini-tripod clamp thingy) to make "Uke-Cam" videos. But extra weight on the headstock is pretty noticeable... I wouldn't want to have the extra weight up there all the time.

Thats a genious idea, I've been trying to work out how to do that without gaffa taping a camera to my headstock...

Top Bottom