Any ukulele school or instructors you recommend?

hawaiianmusiclover06

Reaction score
I have a question for all of you. Since I am learning how to play the ukulele is there any good ukulele school or instructors that you would recommend? Just curious.

Alana

If you live on Oahu, I would suggest Roy Sakuma Studios.

There are 4 locations on the island, and they meet once a week for classes.
I found out that everyone ( no matter your skill level ) starts at lesson 1 and goes from there.

Group classes are 16 per lesson, and you have to pay for the first 4 lessons up front.
Individual lessons are 26 per lesson ( I think ).

I am hoping to start taking lessons at the Aiea location next month.

Check out this link.
http://www.roysakuma.net/rsukulelestudios/index.htm
If that didn't work, just google Roy Sakuma, and you will find it.

Good luck, and remember to have fun.

Aloha
Acabo'oe:cool:

roy sakuma aiea, stay just long enough to know the basics and to the point where you can learn on your own.

roy sakuma aiea, stay just long enough to know the basics and to the point where you can learn on your own.

O, have you been there?

I am currently learning dragon from a tab, so do you thinkj that I don't need Roy at all?

What, or who would you suggest to learn from on Oahu

Acabo'oe

I was there when "Joy" was around (mid 90's)

I dunno what it is like now, but it was great. Try and see if it works for you.

I sent my older two kids to Sakuma, and they were great. Good oppurtunity to play at Kapiolani Park. After 2 years, I took them out and now send them to Terry Brown in Waipahu. With the youngest, I had an option of going to Terry first, but decided to go the Sakuma then Brown route.

Sakuma will instill good playing technique. Terry does other stuff after that.
-Aaron

i was talking to someone else about this but i know in kaimuki, bruce shimabukuro (jake's brother) runs a school called ukulele essence. i dont know anything about their teaching but i'm sure that someone like bruce teaches them well (he's pretty good too).

San Francisco Ukulele lessons

Does anyone know of a good teacher in San Francisco? This could be 1-on-1 lessons or a small group with myself and 2 or 3 friends.

Thanks!

Top Bottom