DIY Uke Strap and Uke Stand

sgporc

Reaction score
I love to DIY. I've just made straps and a stand for both my ukes. Total cost for everything? $10 !!!

Uke Strap - materials are bought online from strapworks.com. it's a great site to buy from since there's no minimum purchase and they ship USPS first class for small items. So I got...

1) 8 ft of 1/2" nylon webbing ($0.25 per feet) in 2 different colors = $2
2) 4 plastic slides ($0.25 each) = $1
3) USPS shipping = $1
Total = $4

IMG_3025.jpg

This is to make 1 strap: one 4ft length of nylon webbing in black and 2 plastic sliders. I found a short length of black nylon string that I sewed onto the webbing make a loop.

IMG_3026.jpg

tied the loop on one end to the strap pin using a clove hitch.

IMG_3027.jpg

looped the other end at the head and held it together with the plastic sliders. length is easily adjustable.

IMG_3028.jpg

Voila! I have 2 straps in different colors to match my ukes...

Now onto the Uke Stand:

raw materials bought from home depot:
1) 8 ft of 2X2 wood (the width is actuall only about 1.5") = $2
2) 2 utility tool hooks = $2
3) hinge = $1 (came in a pack of 2 for $2 but I only used 1)
4) 2" screws = $1 for a pack of abt 6-8

how it looks:
IMG_3029.jpg

closeup of the top: you'll see the hinge and placement of the hooks
IMG_3030.jpg

from the bottom: you can see the screws were used. 2 of the 4 sides of the base were simply taped on with packaging tape (plus tension held with the rubber band) because I wanted it to be collapsible if I needed to pack it up to transport it elsewhere. That's also why I used a hinge at the top.
IMG_3031.jpg

In use with my 2 ukes, mini-amp, cables, tuner, headphones etc... all neat and tidy... and thanks to Ryan for the magnet!!!
IMG_3032.jpg

best of all... everything is now within arm's reach of my seat infront of the tv... :p
IMG_3033.jpg

So... All for $10... What else can I build next to enhance the uke experience??? :D

Edit: I think you see in the background there the weather channel reporting the tsunami that is going to hit Hawaii today... Hope everything will turn out ok...

Last edited:
Nicely done!

DIY is good. Nice job on both.

I especially like the stand...you wouldn't happen to have some plans lying around for that would you?:uhoh: Eep...never mind I can make it from the description! LOSMYGB(LacK of sleep makes you go blind!)

Last edited:
I especially like the stand...you wouldn't happen to have some plans lying around for that would you?

The wood from home depot was 8 ft, which I sawed into 2 exact 4 ft pieces at the store for it to fit in the car. Once home, from each 4 ft piece, I sawed a 26" piece and a 13 1/2" piece to make the T shape. Screwed the 2 Ts into the hinge, and that was the original design. Then I realized out that the 2 leftover pieces of wood would fit perfectly to form the base, so I just taped them on with packaging tape... that's it... :)

Top DIY!

Top Bottom