Mighty Uke movie

Not yet, I am going to see it tomorrow. It is about a 90 minute drive each way, but some girls from my uke lessons class and I are carpooling. Somehow I was crazy enough to drive, when I am taking someone to the airport at 5am that morning, and probably won't finish getting us back to LA until almost 11pm tomorrow night. Lots of caffeine in my future.

I'm glad it was good though, I'm looking forward to watching it with other uke fans.

fantastic watch! I too attended the santa cruz showing. Not big on documentaries but very entertaining I must say!

cheers!
~Ron

*Bump*

I just saw this movie last night on Amazon Prime. It may be old but I really loved it. I hope everyone here gets to see it.

*Bump*

I just saw this movie last night on Amazon Prime. It may be old but I really loved it. I hope everyone here gets to see it.

I watched it a while ago when I was first starting with the uke. I am due for a repeat viewing as I remember that I really liked it. :)

On a cold snowy Sunday afternoon in February I was channel surfing and hit upon the Mighty Uke. I sat down and began to watch......I was captivated, I never knew the ukulele could sound that good or be used for so many genres of music. That was three years ago and I played no musical instruments at the time. With in two weeks I bought a uke, took a Uke 101 beginners class and joined the Uke Jam were that was held.

Needless to say the "Mighty Uke" still has a place in my heart and is still on my PVR. I was smart enough to hit the record button, think I'll watch it again tonight. For those that haven't seen it do yourself a favor and seek it out

Last edited:
It's a good movie, and I liked it, but it seems to divide uke players into either virtuosos or those who play in groups. I don't fit into either group, but I still love the uke.

We are going to watch it tonight for the first time.

Thanks for mentioning it on Amazon Prime!

I didn't know about this, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Just finished watching it - fun and enjoyable.

Never took the time to see it when it first came out, so I just ordered a used like new DVD from Amazon for $25. Looking forward to it.

because of this thread

I just watched on amazon prime

liked it a lot

thanks for telling me about it

Top Bottom