PDA

View Full Version : KIndle or Nook?

Faricelli
02-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I can have one of these for free, but I don't know which one to get. I am leaning on the kindle do to books that are available. Any opinions?

MisoHappy
02-27-2010, 04:12 PM
I love the kindle :)

But I haven't tried the Nook, so...

Melissa82
02-27-2010, 04:16 PM
KINDLE! My husband has one and it is awesome!

Ukeffect
02-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Kindle ...so far! But, pray tell... how does one aquire a free Kindle or Nook? :drool: UAS just got a new branch office!!

jvann
02-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Wife gave me a Kindle for Christmas. Love it!

tad
03-01-2010, 08:51 PM
I think the Kindle has a longer life per battery charge, being all e-ink. That's enough to push me over right there.

My GF got me a Kindle for Christmas. I have to say, I really like it. I use it pretty frequently-- mostly for PDF articles for school.

I tested out a Nook and a Sony a couple weeks after getting my Kindle, and I liked the form factor of the Kindle best. Although I may have become biased by then.

bonden
03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I have a Kindle and really love it. But I actually wanted the Nook more. Got the Kindle because Amazon is available in Norway while Barnes & Noble isn't. Would have gotten the Nook if this was not an issue. Cant' fully remember all the reasons, but I think it had something to do with the touchscreen on the nook.

hoosierhiver
03-02-2010, 04:49 AM
I am such a hillbilly, I had no idea what you guys were talking about.

Pyroknoppix
03-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I've had the Kindle for about 8 months now, and I love it. While I can't benefit from the free 3G it has ( in Afganistan), it's what sold me. I can go a week without recharging and constant reading, it's durable and has yet to show any signs of wanting to break or act crazy. Overall it's probably the best electronic I've bought in a LONG time.

I only have two complaints, I can't get music to play on it which isn't a problem really, I just use my mp3 player. The other complaint is it's hard to read in a public place because every person wants to know what it is, can they look at it, how much did it cost, how can it have free 3G internet, and sorry I thought it was a touch screen (after I yell at them for smearing their dirty fingers on the screen in an attempt to navigate) so yeah...just try to keep it away from public eyes if you don't like attention:P

Also the $30 leather case you can buy for it is a must, mine still looks brand new because of it lol. (and it doubles up as a mousepad for my laptop mouse:D)