Plaid Uke Case, yup, I'm easily entertained

Trenchcoatangel

Reaction score
So a when I got my Uke I found out that my violin case worked great for it. Only problem was A) no shoulder strap. B)It's a tiny bit too big so it moved around, not a ton, but enough that I didn't trust taking it with on a bike ride or something where it could get jostled alot. C) It was ugly green felt that reminded me of a pool table on the inside. So some spare gray-blue plaid, a chunk of foam, an couple old belts I had layin around and I got myself a decent little Uke case going on:)

Just waiting on glue to dry so I can finish trimming some of the excess fabric.
[
ukecase2.jpg

W/the Uke in there and trimmed a little more

UkeCaseClosed.jpg

With the case closed and shoulder strap on

I'm just rather happy my Uke can travel with me without having to fret about it's saftey:)

It was a 3/4 size that had some major cracking issues with the neck, thus unplayable. One of those worth picking up another cheapy one rather that putting the money/time into fixing a old beginner violin. Still have the body in decent shape though, was thinking about attempting to use the body for a second bang around uke. we'll see, so no, I don't have a perfectly good violin sitting out in the cold. I'd have to chew myself out for instrument abuse and that one:)

I have now sold this Ashbury tenor ukulele to my cousin, but I customised the case a little myself...

Oh oh - guess I can't add pictures if I have made fewer than 10 posts.

Anyway, I lined the case with fake leopard skin fabric. Really tasteful.

Perhaps I can add a pic when I'm more established here.

Top Bottom