FS 3 Tenors, 1 S Concert

wearymicrobe

Reaction score
Lost the 500 so no longer for sale.

I am looking for a ko'olau in a 400/500 though so if you have any info on one for sale I would appreciate that.

Last edited:
this would be nice if i had the money. especially the concert. sorry bud, but i cant help you out here. hope you find someone

the one on the left is beautiful, to bad i dont have that kind of money

3. Ko'olau T1, From NAMM show, Compensated saddle, extra large cut for pickup, but not drilled or installed. ~899$ MSRP say 750. I have not played this at all it is not my speed, very hard to located.

Can you elaborate on what it means that the uke is "not your speed"? I was under the impression that all Ko'olau ukes are built to the same sound & playability specifications, with the main difference between different series being the amount of adornment. I'm curious as to why the T1 doesn't suit your needs, if you don't mind sharing that.
Thanks.

Can you elaborate on what it means that the uke is "not your speed"? I was under the impression that all Ko'olau ukes are built to the same sound & playability specifications, with the main difference between different series being the amount of adornment. I'm curious as to why the T1 doesn't suit your needs, if you don't mind sharing that.
Thanks.

I just cannot get the sound out of it that I can out of some of there higher end instruments. I think its the finish. The bracing and everything else should be the same but in my hands the sound is not as refined and its not really setup for my style of play which is 95% finger picking.

I have tried a number of different strings on it and the wound third ko'olau yellows in high G are the best strumming ones that I have found but fingerpicking I am using the d'aggario's and the tone is just not there for me.

Heck I cannot find a kamaka that I actually can stomach playing for more then a few minutes maybe its all in my head.

Forgot to add willing to trade for a older martin madolin, or a martin taylor guitar say in the 310/314 range or up with some cash on my side.

Top Bottom